barry martin

Default I want to brick my house,

Riceland:

R I want to put brick on my house and cover the ugly old siding.
R However, I am a perfectionist, and I want the brick to EXACTLY meet
R the edge of the roof without any partial bricks or with a gap.
R Therefore, I want to start the brick from the top and work down to the
R ground, rather than starting on the ground. I figure I can always
R fill in the bottom with a little extra dirt to raise the lawn if
R needed.
R How do I lay brick from the top of the house down. Should I stack
R 2x4's all the way from the ground to the roof, and remove one each
R time I place another layer of brick? Or is there a special tool made
R for this purpose?

I would use my portable anti-gravity machine. ...Assuming this is
a half-way truthful inquiry I would probably measure the height of the
brick plus the thickness of the mortar. This would be the total
height for a single layer. N number of courses to the roofline,
adjust the bottom startpoint to match.

Probably easier to install a trim piece cut to the appropriate
thickness to show a full course. This is what my old neighbour did.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Jack & Jill......pail of water???......Riiiight!
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *