Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Unpresidented"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/56038083.cms
--
https://nodaplsolidarity.org/about/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/17/2016 02:15 PM, #NoDAPL wrote:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/56038083.cms

I'm a crappy speller too but who the hell does not know how to use a
spell check.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"philo" wrote in message
news
On 12/17/2016 02:15 PM, #NoDAPL wrote:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/56038083.cms

I'm a crappy speller too but who the hell does not know how to use a spell
check.

Be careful.

Spell checkers can be your worst enema.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per catalpa:
Be careful.

Spell checkers can be your worst enema.

CANDIDATE FOR A PULLET SURPRISE

I have a spelling checker.
It came with my PC.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot sea.
Eye ran this poem threw it,
Your sure reel glad two no.
Its vary polished inn it's weigh.
My checker tolled me sew.

A checker is a bless sing,
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me right awl stiles two reed,
And aides me when aye rime.
Each frays come posed up on my screen
Eye trussed too bee a joule.
The checker pours o'er every word
To cheque sum spelling rule.
Bee fore a veiling checkers
Hour spelling mite decline,

And if we're lacks oar have a laps,
We wood bee maid too wine.
Butt now bee cause my spelling
Is checked with such grate flare,
Their are know faults with in my cite,
Of nun eye am a wear.
Now spelling does knot phase me,
It does knot bring a tier.

My pay purrs awl due glad den
With wrapped words fare as hear.
To rite with care is quite a feet
Of witch won should bee proud,
And wee mussed dew the best wee can,
Sew flaws are knot aloud.

Sow ewe can sea why aye dew prays
Such soft wear four pea seas,
And why eye brake in two averse
Buy righting want too pleas.

Jerry Zar, 29 June 1992
Jerrold H. Zar
Graduate School
Northern Illinois University
Title suggested by Pamela Brown.
Based on opening lines suggested by Mark Eckman.

Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/17/2016 6:05 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/17/2016 02:15 PM, #NoDAPL wrote:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/56038083.cms

I'm a crappy speller too but who the hell does not know how to use a
spell check.

I don't know of anyone that has not made similar errors, even with spell
check. Much ado about a simple error we've all made in a text at some
point.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 10:17:51 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/17/2016 6:05 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/17/2016 02:15 PM, #NoDAPL wrote:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/56038083.cms

I'm a crappy speller too but who the hell does not know how to use a
spell check.

I don't know of anyone that has not made similar errors, even with spell
check. Much ado about a simple error we've all made in a text at some
point.

That is the kind of thing that is caused by a spell checker if you
don't carefully proof read your note before you send it. The words
"careful" and Donald Trump do not often collide in the same sentence.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/2016 09:17 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/17/2016 6:05 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/17/2016 02:15 PM, #NoDAPL wrote:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/56038083.cms

I'm a crappy speller too but who the hell does not know how to use a
spell check.

I don't know of anyone that has not made similar errors, even with spell
check. Much ado about a simple error we've all made in a text at some
point.

All I know is that as soon as I call someone dumb for making such
mistakes, I inevitably make one worse!

Glad I can laugh at myself.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/2016 09:30 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 10:17:51 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/17/2016 6:05 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/17/2016 02:15 PM, #NoDAPL wrote:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/56038083.cms

I'm a crappy speller too but who the hell does not know how to use a
spell check.

I don't know of anyone that has not made similar errors, even with spell
check. Much ado about a simple error we've all made in a text at some
point.

That is the kind of thing that is caused by a spell checker if you
don't carefully proof read your note before you send it. The words
"careful" and Donald Trump do not often collide in the same sentence.

Once in a while my spell checker comes up with something better than
what I had thought of myself so I just leave it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/2016 9:17 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/17/2016 6:05 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/17/2016 02:15 PM, #NoDAPL wrote:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/56038083.cms

I'm a crappy speller too but who the hell does not know how to use a
spell check.

I don't know of anyone that has not made similar errors, even with spell
check. Much ado about a simple error we've all made in a text at some
point.

Did you notice the Times of India broke the story? Trump's not going to
bring this up at the pep rallies.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 09:40:56 -0600, philo wrote:

On 12/18/2016 09:30 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 10:17:51 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/17/2016 6:05 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/17/2016 02:15 PM, #NoDAPL wrote:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/56038083.cms

I'm a crappy speller too but who the hell does not know how to use a
spell check.

I don't know of anyone that has not made similar errors, even with spell
check. Much ado about a simple error we've all made in a text at some
point.

That is the kind of thing that is caused by a spell checker if you
don't carefully proof read your note before you send it. The words
"careful" and Donald Trump do not often collide in the same sentence.

Once in a while my spell checker comes up with something better than
what I had thought of myself so I just leave it.

"Degeneres" defaults to Degerate in it's various forms, Not me, Agent
does that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/2016 10:10 AM, wrote:
"Degeneres" defaults to Degerate in it's various forms, Not me, Agent
does that.

You need a better spell checker. It's 'Ellen Degenerate'
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 10:17:51 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/17/2016 6:05 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/17/2016 02:15 PM, #NoDAPL wrote:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/56038083.cms

I'm a crappy speller too but who the hell does not know how to use a
spell check.

I don't know of anyone that has not made similar errors, even with spell
check. Much ado about a simple error we've all made in a text at some
point.

You can aften tell the uneducated or english as second language
writer using spell check by the fact every word is a correctly spelled
word, but where homonyms exist virtually all of them have the wrong
one for the context (to, too, and two, for instance.)
Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 10:17:51 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/17/2016 6:05 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/17/2016 02:15 PM, #NoDAPL wrote:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/56038083.cms

I'm a crappy speller too but who the hell does not know how to use a
spell check.

I don't know of anyone that has not made similar errors, even with spell
check. Much ado about a simple error we've all made in a text at some
point.

That is the kind of thing that is caused by a spell checker if you
don't carefully proof read your note before you send it. The words
"careful" and Donald Trump do not often collide in the same sentence.

I am VERY guilty of this. I'm mentally decapitated.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

philo posted for all of us...

All I know is that as soon as I call someone dumb for making such
mistakes, I inevitably make one worse!

Glad I can laugh at myself.

Yeah, I've learned to shut up. Sometimes I hear the laughter coming in the
windows. I am especially embarrassed when I read a reply to a posting I made
and can't believe the errors.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tekkie®" wrote in message ...

philo posted for all of us...

All I know is that as soon as I call someone dumb for making such
mistakes, I inevitably make one worse!

Glad I can laugh at myself.

Yeah, I've learned to shut up. Sometimes I hear the laughter coming in the
windows. I am especially embarrassed when I read a reply to a posting I made
and can't believe the errors.
-- Tekkie

One claiming that is not making a mistake is one that does "Nothing"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 15:08:12 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

philo posted for all of us...

All I know is that as soon as I call someone dumb for making such
mistakes, I inevitably make one worse!

Glad I can laugh at myself.

Yeah, I've learned to shut up. Sometimes I hear the laughter coming in the
windows. I am especially embarrassed when I read a reply to a posting I made
and can't believe the errors.

What is worse is when you send a message correcting someone's
spelling or grammar, and you screw up your reply worse than the
original post - - -
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/19/2016 3:40 PM, Tony944 wrote:
"Tekkie®" wrote in message ...

philo posted for all of us...

All I know is that as soon as I call someone dumb for making such
mistakes, I inevitably make one worse!

Glad I can laugh at myself.

Yeah, I've learned to shut up. Sometimes I hear the laughter coming in the
windows. I am especially embarrassed when I read a reply to a posting I
made
and can't believe the errors.
-- Tekkie

One claiming that is not making a mistake is one that does "Nothing"

That would be a 100% improvement.
Posted to alt.home.repair

philo wrote:

I'm a crappy speller too but who the hell does not know how to use a
spell check.

Trump's spells got the job done, in spite of skeptical or hostile
"checking" by experts.