Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE mark 2 ambassador heater

when I turn my heater on the pilot light but not the burners. I can hear tle
c licking sound but no flames

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...r-1115903-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Nov 2016 17:14:01 +0000, tony berry
m wrote:

when I turn my heater on the pilot light but not the burners. I can hear tle
c licking sound but no flames

Don't you just hate when that happens? You must have a plan of action
or a strategic plan to fix it, I guess. What are your plans?
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

when I turn my heater on the pilot light but not the burners. I can hear tle
c licking sound but no flames

Don't you just hate when that happens? You must have a plan of action
or a strategic plan to fix it, I guess. What are your plans?

The fix is simple. You can stop that annoying clicking by tapping the
igniter a couple of times with a hammer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

when I turn my heater on the pilot light but not the burners. I can hear tle
c licking sound but no flames

Don't you just hate when that happens? You must have a plan of action
or a strategic plan to fix it, I guess. What are your plans?

The fix is simple. You can stop that annoying clicking by tapping the
igniter a couple of times with a hammer.

.... you don't mention if the hammer should rawhide, urethane or a
welder's hammer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Besides the otherwise great responses, check the thermostat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

m wrote:

when I turn my heater on the pilot light but not the burners. I can hear tle
c licking sound but no flames

Don't you just hate when that happens? You must have a plan of action
or a strategic plan to fix it, I guess. What are your plans?

The fix is simple. You can stop that annoying clicking by tapping the
igniter a couple of times with a hammer.

... you don't mention if the hammer should rawhide, urethane or a
welder's hammer.

Aww, come on Oren, anyone from the hubless knows it's a 5# sledge swung full
arc.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Nov 2016 15:27:48 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

... you don't mention if the hammer should rawhide, urethane or a
welder's hammer.

Aww, come on Oren, anyone from the hubless knows it's a 5# sledge swung full
arc.

Oh ****. I'm gonna need a safe place, now!
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Thomas, anthony berry wrote:
'ITS NOT THE THERMOSTAT BECAUSE THE PILOT LIGHT COMES ON WHEN I MOVE THE KNOB
TO THE DESIRED heat BUT THE BURNERS WON'T

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...r-1115903-.htm