Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stupidity Award of the week....

Yesterday I was at a public event and just before it got dark outside, I
heard a woman say: "I just noticed that both the sun and moon are out at
the same time". Another woman said: "It's because we changed the clocks
last night". I almost died from laughter.....

This earns the "Stupidity Award of the week....".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 19:34:57 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

Lot of folks have no concept on how things work.

Fox New is crashing tonight. Maybe this will work.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5200735744001/?#sp=show-clips

Try the link later
Posted to alt.home.repair

Actually, if you understand how Daylight time
works vs Standard:

I.E.:
4pm Daylight time(Saturday) = 3pm
Standard. So if these women attended
the same occasion both days, at the
same time by the CLOCK, the second
woman would actually be right!

By 4pm DST(Sat) the sun would be
at its 3pm position in the sky. And
the moon would not have risen yet.

By 4pm Standard(Sunday) the sun
would be at it's actual 4pm position
(lower) for this time of year, and the
moon would be just coming up.

Remember: Daylight Time delays
the apparent time(by the clock) of
ALL celestial events, including rising
and set of the sun, moon, stars,
etc.

ABOLISH IT, and just shift our daily
activities earlier in the day. Let
lunch be at noon(both by clock and
sun) instead of 11 solar. Etc...

Posted to alt.home.repair

thekma the Reatard thekma @ tardsЯus.com wrote in message
brain damage snipped
the second woman would actually be right!

OK, so you win the Stupidity Award of the week. Is there any more room
on your overflowing shelf of dumb**** trophies?

Darwin award GB UK diy 211 March 4th 16 11:05 PM
OT ish Darwin Award The Medway Handyman UK diy 46 May 30th 07 07:01 PM
On stupidity Larry Blanchard Woodworking 16 October 30th 05 05:15 PM
Won an award Emmo Metalworking 11 April 10th 05 03:03 AM
Idiot of the week award. (me) Mark UK diy 9 July 22nd 03 11:10 PM