DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Stupidity Award of the week.... (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/581049-stupidity-award-week.html)

[email protected] November 7th 16 11:52 PM

Stupidity Award of the week....

Yesterday I was at a public event and just before it got dark outside, I
heard a woman say: "I just noticed that both the sun and moon are out at
the same time". Another woman said: "It's because we changed the clocks
last night". I almost died from laughter.....

This earns the "Stupidity Award of the week....".

Frank[_24_] November 8th 16 12:34 AM

Stupidity Award of the week....

On 11/7/2016 6:52 PM, wrote:
Yesterday I was at a public event and just before it got dark outside, I
heard a woman say: "I just noticed that both the sun and moon are out at
the same time". Another woman said: "It's because we changed the clocks
last night". I almost died from laughter.....

This earns the "Stupidity Award of the week....".

The functional illiteracy rate, i.e. you cannot read beyond street signs
or news headlines is said to be about 18% in the US.
I always figured the technical illiteracy rate was much higher.
Lot of folks have no concept on how things work.

Oren[_2_] November 8th 16 05:06 AM

Stupidity Award of the week....

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 19:34:57 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

Lot of folks have no concept on how things work.

Fox New is crashing tonight. Maybe this will work.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5200735744001/?#sp=show-clips

Try the link later

notbob November 8th 16 06:09 PM

Stupidity Award of the week....

On 2016-11-07, wrote:
Yesterday I was at a public event and just before it got dark outside, I
heard a woman say: "I just noticed that both the sun and moon are out at
the same time". Another woman said: "It's because we changed the clocks
last night". I almost died from laughter.....

This earns the "Stupidity Award of the week....".

Gee, I woulda awarded it to the bozo that posted the above post,
as if anyone here gives a rat's ass.

nb

[email protected] November 8th 16 06:22 PM

Stupidity Award of the week....

Actually, if you understand how Daylight time
works vs Standard:

I.E.:
4pm Daylight time(Saturday) = 3pm
Standard. So if these women attended
the same occasion both days, at the
same time by the CLOCK, the second
woman would actually be right!

By 4pm DST(Sat) the sun would be
at its 3pm position in the sky. And
the moon would not have risen yet.

By 4pm Standard(Sunday) the sun
would be at it's actual 4pm position
(lower) for this time of year, and the
moon would be just coming up.

Remember: Daylight Time delays
the apparent time(by the clock) of
ALL celestial events, including rising
and set of the sun, moon, stars,
etc.

ABOLISH IT, and just shift our daily
activities earlier in the day. Let
lunch be at noon(both by clock and
sun) instead of 11 solar. Etc...

Moe DeLoughan November 8th 16 07:38 PM

Stupidity Award of the week....

On 11/7/2016 5:52 PM, wrote:
Yesterday I was at a public event and just before it got dark outside, I
heard a woman say: "I just noticed that both the sun and moon are out at
the same time". Another woman said: "It's because we changed the clocks
last night". I almost died from laughter.....

This earns the "Stupidity Award of the week....".

Famous question from the Newlywed game, back in the sixties: in what
direction does the sun rise in *your* neighborhood?

Yeah, some of the contestants fell for it.

None November 9th 16 12:03 AM

Stupidity Award of the week....

thekma the Reatard thekma @ tardsЯus.com wrote in message
brain damage snipped
the second woman would actually be right!

OK, so you win the Stupidity Award of the week. Is there any more room
on your overflowing shelf of dumb**** trophies?