Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Another try at this Hot Tub calculation

Hey, I'm a Canadian, we don't abuse each other for making a typing error. I got my measuring tape out and the deck is 10 ft 3 inches wide and 14 ft 5 inches long.

One side (the side where the hot tub will be) is attached to the outside wall of the house.

The joists underneath are 21 inches apart. The other side is secured by 3 4x4 posts evenly spaced. Their website says it weighs 1972 lbs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hey, I'm a Canadian, we don't abuse each other for making a typing
error. I got my measuring tape out and the deck is 10 ft 3 inches wide
and 14 ft 5 inches long.

One side (the side where the hot tub will be) is attached to the
outside wall of the house.

The joists underneath are 21 inches apart. The other side is secured
by 3 4x4 posts evenly spaced. Their website says it weighs 1972 lbs.

Not enough information...

1. What size are the joists (2x6, 2x8, etc.)

2. How far do the joists span (8', 10', etc.)

3. What is the distance from the center of one joist to the center of the
next (16", 24", etc.)

4. What kind of supports do the joists rest on at each end (foundation,
beam, etc.)

5. If the joists rest on a beam, what size is the beam (4x6, 4x8, etc.)

6. If a beam supports the joists, what supports the beam (4x4 posts at
4' spacing, etc.)

7. Is 1972 pounds the weight of the hot tub full or empty?

8. How many gallons does the hot tub hold? Water weighs about 8.36 pounds
per gallon, so you can do the math.

9. You have to factor in:

A. The weight of the empty hot tub (1972 pounds?)

B. The weight of the water (gallons x 8.36 pounds)

C. The weight of the people in the tub (200lbs x number of users)

Remember to plan for the unexpected, such as several people standing on
the deck even if the hot tub isn't being used (parties, family
gatherings, etc.)

Good luck,

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 05 Nov 2016 14:52:16 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

Additionally, are you asking a question? If
so, what is it?

http://bfy.tw/1785

grin

Calculation of CO Gas Edmund J. Burke[_5_] Home Repair 0 August 10th 15 05:08 PM
is the calculation right ????? hurry Electronics Repair 4 May 8th 06 07:04 AM
Can Someone Do A Calculation For Me? Jay UK diy 11 March 2nd 06 02:14 PM
RSJ calculation johncol UK diy 2 February 3rd 06 06:47 PM
Load calculation Chris O'Connor Home Repair 5 March 22nd 05 05:17 AM