Al Cunniff

Default Storm door handle: parts source?

I need to replace the inside latch handle on the storm
door on the front of our house. Can you suggest a source
where I might find an original replacement part?

(I realize that if I can't get the latch I'll have to
buy an entire inside/outside assembly and drill some
new hoels in the door.)

The door is about 15 yrs. old and has no manufacturer's
label, but printed on the outside door latch is
"Season-All." A Google search on this name yielded
nothing.

Thanks in advance,
Al
Art

Some of these doors are made by local companies from standard parts. Have
you checked Home Depot, Lowes or Ace Hardware? I know because I worked in a
factory during college one summer. Stayed only 1 day.

"Al Cunniff" wrote in message
I need to replace the inside latch handle on the storm
door on the front of our house. Can you suggest a source
where I might find an original replacement part?

(I realize that if I can't get the latch I'll have to
buy an entire inside/outside assembly and drill some
new hoels in the door.)

The door is about 15 yrs. old and has no manufacturer's
label, but printed on the outside door latch is
"Season-All." A Google search on this name yielded
nothing.

Thanks in advance,
Al

Childfree Scott

Pics?

I thought that these things were pretty standard...
Joe Bobst

I need to replace the inside latch handle on the storm
door on the front of our house. Can you suggest a source

Home Depot, Menard's, Lowe's, Ace Hardware. All latches are pretty standard,
color choices are black or white. Only complete assemblies are available in
stores where I shop. Prices are pretty reasonable like $5 or so, and bolt right
into original mounting holes. You can make the change in 10 minutes. HTH

Joe

Al Cunniff

Thanks, guys, it wound up being easier than I thought.
I did check Home Depot, Lowe's and local hardware
stores, and they had replacement inside-latches, but
it was hard to tell if they would have been perfect
replacements.

My idea of "perfect" meant not having to drill new
holes, or re-align the inside latch and/or outside
door handle.

I found a great supplier called Blaine Window Repair,
and I was able to pop in on them while I was in the
Silver Spring, MD area. (They also have a website
http://www.blaine-online.com/b109.htm and an 800#,
1-800-565-4948. Very helpful guys. You can mail them
a part and they'll do their best to match it.)

They sold me an inside latch by Ultra that was a
perfect replacement. Had it installed within 10 min.
of getting home.