Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Default How to move the sludge in Boiler/Pipes?

Hi,

I tried to drain and flush the central heating but the sludge would not
let.

Shall I force water from the drain pipe so that the sludge moves? Or
shall I use plunger in the upstairs central heating tank to move it?

Rajinder

m Ransley

Steam or hot water, how old, for hot water its not really necessary.
Now you have to get the oxygen out.

POPPYPLANK

Hi,

I tried to drain and flush the central heating but the sludge would not
let.

Shall I force water from the drain pipe so that the sludge moves? Or
shall I use plunger in the upstairs central heating tank to move it?

Rajinder

did you open an air vent so air can enter the system so the water can leave?

If a steam system never mind

Vic Plank
Lancaster PA

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Hi,

I did open the air vents and still very slow and the tank is still full
instead of draining.

Rajinder

"POPPYPLANK" wrote in message
Hi,

I tried to drain and flush the central heating but the sludge would

not
let.

Shall I force water from the drain pipe so that the sludge moves? Or
shall I use plunger in the upstairs central heating tank to move it?

Rajinder

did you open an air vent so air can enter the system so the water can

leave?

If a steam system never mind

Vic Plank
Lancaster PA

m Ransley

is it steam or hot water.

POPPYPLANK

Hi,

I did open the air vents and still very slow and the tank is still full
instead of draining.

Rajinder

Raj

What tank?
Is system steam or hot water?
It may be time to call a plumber with heating system experience
Where are you?

Just re read your original post
is the tank you talk about on the highest floor of your residence with a pipe
going thru the roof and a sight glass along the side?

Vic
..
Hi,

I tried to drain and flush the central heating but the sludge would

not
let.

Shall I force water from the drain pipe so that the sludge moves? Or
shall I use plunger in the upstairs central heating tank to move it?

Rajinder

did you open an air vent so air can enter the system so the water can

leave?

If a steam system never mind

Vic Plank
Lancaster PA

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Just cold water. I tried to run the central heating but it would not.
Just making grinding noise.

Rajinder

"m Ransley" wrote in message
is it steam or hot water.

m Ransley

So it is a hot water system we guess, hot water systems dont develop
sludge unless you have been putting in alot of makeup water for years
and have another problem , How do you know its sludge. I think you need
a pro out there You will mess things up guessing and playing around and
now have air in the new water , you must cook it out before you rust
everything.

POPPYPLANK

Just cold water. I tried to run the central heating but it would not.
Just making grinding noise.

Rajinder

Raj:

Just making grinding noise sounds like coupling for circulator...just a
guess...can you send digital pictures and where are you?

Vic

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Hi,

I am in Reading, Berkshire. 144, Hamilton Road.

I am thinking of replacing the system with a Combi and putting new
radiators as the plumber says the old type radiators would expand under
pressure.

Rajinder

"POPPYPLANK" wrote in message
Just cold water. I tried to run the central heating but it would

not.
Just making grinding noise.

Rajinder

Raj:

Just making grinding noise sounds like coupling for circulator...just

guess...can you send digital pictures and where are you?

Vic

m Ransley

Expand ? What do you have now

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Hi Ransley,

Now, we have a system which is over 30 years old, gravity fed. This
Combi system is now in vogue and gives you better heating and water
pressure in the showers.

What do you think?

Rajinder

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Expand ? What do you have now

m Ransley

You have no recirclator pump on your hot water radiator system? put one
on. Why do you think everything is full of sludge and the radiators are
bad. Get a few more pros out, 30 years is not old for radiators.
But you realy havnt said What you have yet, Its a guess.

Bill

On Tue, 18 May 2004 17:58:49 +0100, "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt"
wrote:

Hi,

I tried to drain and flush the central heating but the sludge would not
let.

Shall I force water from the drain pipe so that the sludge moves? Or
shall I use plunger in the upstairs central heating tank to move it?

Rajinder

Call Roto-Rooter!

Bill