Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ray

Default 10 or 12 SEER Central Air unit

I'm having central air installed in my house and am trying to decide on a 10
or 12 SEER unit. The price difference I was quoted was $700.00 more for the
12 SEER unit. I've also seen some info that the 12 SEER unit costs about
20% less per year to operate. I live in Philadelphia, where summers can
vary from year to year as far as heat and humidity. Any rules of thumb on
how I can determine how quickly I will recoup the cost difference in cost of
electricity saved?? Or any other advice?

Thanks
--
Ray

Remove NO and SPAM to reply