SQLit

Default 10 or 12 SEER Central Air unit

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Why stop at a 12 seer look at 14 you can go up to somewhere around
18.5 with a total system. A 12 vs a 10 is apx 13% savings, do your
own math on your electric bill to figure savings , Nobody else can or
should as its your money and your unique house and electric bill. In
the long run you will be happy with the higher seer as Rates are not
going down and you will see the savings immediately.

Trane advertises some ~19.5 seer units. I am sure that there are others
manufactures as well. If you planning on staying for any length of time, say
more than 5 years then go as high a seer that you can afford. If your
staying less than 5 years then stick with the 10.
I am basing my suggestion on my local electrical rates. No demand charge,
and I pay about 0.11 a kwh.

Talk to your contractors and get their opinions. They see more situations a
day than you do. Just ask for their best guess. Which is all it will be.
I installed a 12 seer 8 years ago American Standard. I was never sorry that
I spent the extra money. Now I live in a new home that has a 10 seer that
rattles, bangs and in general is hideous in the noise department. Seems to
work ok though I have only turned it on twice in the 30 plus days I have
been in the home. Oh the manufacture, Goodman.