Yamanak Trueblood

Default Dryer cord strain relief (again)

I can't fit the strain relief through the hole. It's one piece and the
side with the screws is bigger (longer) than the hole (as well as the
side that goes inside the dryer.)

Should I cut some part off first, or is there some bending required?
Or is there a "monkey puzzle" method I can't figure out?

TIA
Yamanak Trueblood

Default Dryer cord strain relief (again)-pictures

Thses two web sites show the strain relief in question.

Top picture on this page shows installation
http://www.american-appliance.com/se...dryer_cord.htm

And the strain relief itself on
http://www.etco.com/item.php?sku=82101&l=e

The hole is smaller than any dimension of the strain relief.
John Grabowski

The hole on the dryer is sometimes a concentric knockout. It has more than
one size opening. Do you see a small ring going around the strain relief
opening? If so, punch it out or cut it out. The strain relief connector
should fit after that.

John Grabowski
http://www.mrelectrician.tv