Mike Dapkus

Default Mix copper and pvc/cpvc supply lines?

My house was built with all copper water supply lines, and now I'm
getting ready to finish out the basement, which will include adding a
full bathroon. My question is: Is it OK to mix pvc with the existing
copper pipes, or should I bite the bullet and pay someone to use
copper? I've seen adapters at HD that are supposed to accomplish the
transition, but I have no idea whether or not that's a reliable
option.

TIA,
Mike
SQLit

"Mike Dapkus" wrote in message
om...
My house was built with all copper water supply lines, and now I'm
getting ready to finish out the basement, which will include adding a
full bathroon. My question is: Is it OK to mix pvc with the existing
copper pipes, or should I bite the bullet and pay someone to use
copper? I've seen adapters at HD that are supposed to accomplish the
transition, but I have no idea whether or not that's a reliable
option.

TIA,
Mike

Copper when dry is not hard to solder under 3/4 inch. When wet it takes a
bit of time unless your blessed with an acetylene torch. I am not.

William Morris

Been there, done that, can't tell the difference. I'm a bit more confident
about sweating pipes than I used to be, but I was where I was comfortable at
the time.

- wm

--
William Morris
Semster, Seamlyne reProductions

"Mike Dapkus" wrote in message
om...
My house was built with all copper water supply lines, and now I'm
getting ready to finish out the basement, which will include adding a
full bathroon. My question is: Is it OK to mix pvc with the existing
copper pipes, or should I bite the bullet and pay someone to use
copper? I've seen adapters at HD that are supposed to accomplish the
transition, but I have no idea whether or not that's a reliable
option.

TIA,
Mike

Stormin Mormon