Jerry Soran

Default SQC-4 Water Factory Systems RO: Air Bubbles

Hi,

I've been using a SQC-4 reverse osmosis unit from Water Factory
Systems for a little over 6 months. When the system was first
installed, I noticed lots of air bubbles forming in the filtered water
and upon asking the installer I was told that the bubbles woulds
gradually decrease as we used the unit. Well, it's been more than 6
months and the bubbles are still there, first everywhere in the water
after filling up a glass and slowly rising up to the surface and
hanging there like patches of bubble clouds.

My question is, is this a normal occurance for RO filtered water? If
not, what is causing it and how can it be fixed?

Thanks.
Jerry
Michael Ross

Jerry,

First question I would have to ask you is, are you on municipal water, or on
well water?

--
Mike Ross
Culligan Rochester

"Jerry Soran" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I've been using a SQC-4 reverse osmosis unit from Water Factory
Systems for a little over 6 months. When the system was first
installed, I noticed lots of air bubbles forming in the filtered water
and upon asking the installer I was told that the bubbles woulds
gradually decrease as we used the unit. Well, it's been more than 6
months and the bubbles are still there, first everywhere in the water
after filling up a glass and slowly rising up to the surface and
hanging there like patches of bubble clouds.

My question is, is this a normal occurance for RO filtered water? If
not, what is causing it and how can it be fixed?

Thanks.
Jerry

Michael Ross

Couple questions for you:

1) Is your resevoir tank laying down on its side, or is it standing
upright? If its laying on its side, try standing the unit upright.

2) In regards to the bubbles, are they along the sides of the glass, or are
they all over in the water making it appear cloudy?

Here's one thing you might want to try. Open up the RO faucet, and drain
the resevoir tank completely. It should get to the point where the water is
trickling very slowly out of the faucet. Then shut the faucet off, and let
the system fill back up completely. See if that fixes the problem.

[...]

Jerry Soran

See below:

1) Is your resevoir tank laying down on its side, or is it standing
upright? If its laying on its side, try standing the unit upright.

The tank is standing upright right under the sink.

2) In regards to the bubbles, are they along the sides of the glass, or

are
they all over in the water making it appear cloudy?

After 30 seconds, the bubbles rise up to the surface of the glass and hang
there like small patches of combined bubbles.

Here's one thing you might want to try. Open up the RO faucet, and drain
the resevoir tank completely. It should get to the point where the water

is
trickling very slowly out of the faucet. Then shut the faucet off, and

let
the system fill back up completely. See if that fixes the problem.

I tried that already, did not help.

Is this a sign of problem that needs to be fixed or just a cosmetic thing
that has no bearing on the purity/hygene of the water?

Jerry

[...]

Michael Ross

Is this a sign of problem that needs to be fixed or just a cosmetic thing
that has no bearing on the purity/hygene of the water?

Being that you are on municipal water, I doubt the bubbles will affect the
purity of the water in way. I wouldn't be too concerned about them unless
you dont like them cosmetically.

--
Mike Ross
Culligan Rochester