Dick Smyth

Default Herringbone pattern on TV

I have a large screen Sony TV connected to a satellite receiver. One TV
output goes to the VCR and the VCR audio output goes to a small stereo
system. It has worked fine until recently. A slight herringbone pattern
develops when the stereo system is turned on, whether watching a tape or
watching live TV through the VCR.. It vanishes if you turn off the stereo.
There is no problem if you watch the satellite directly, i.e.. not through
the VCR.
I suspect a loose or dirty connection or possibly a bad ground. Before I go
grovelling about the maze of wires on the floor behind the whole set up, am
I on the right track? Or maybe there's something else I haven't considered.
Thanks
ds

--
"14 whiskies... A record, I believe."
Dylan Thomas' last words.

SQLit

"Dick Smyth" wrote in message
news
[...]

I just went through some similar nonsense with my cable company. They
replaced all of the outside connections, like 4-5 years old. Still did not
fix the problem. I replaced the incoming cable and finally the problem went
away. Check and see if the ground is clean and connected; that can be an
issue as well. (cables). Have you changed anything since the problem
started?

Des Perado

You might get better information if you posted this question in
sci.electronics.repair.
Des