Patty Wiggins

Default Ruud furnace

Hi,
I have a Ruud Silhouette II furnace and it quit working the other night. The
blower was making a strange sound. The blower started after a few hours but
soon quit. I recently installed a web type filter and believe this may have
caused the problem by causing the motor to overheat. Any suggestions. You
can email me at . Omit the nospam in the address
due to email harvesters.

thanks,
Jim Wiggins

My Name

"Patty Wiggins" wrote in
:

Hi,
I have a Ruud Silhouette II furnace and it quit working the other
night. The blower was making a strange sound. The blower started after
a few hours but soon quit. I recently installed a web type filter and
believe this may have caused the problem by causing the motor to
overheat. Any suggestions. You can email me at
. Omit the nospam in the address due to
email harvesters.

thanks,
Jim Wiggins

Hi Jim....
The filter probably didn't do it but it sounds like the bearings may be
bad in the motor. It's an easy replacement though and if you're handy
you should be able to do it yourself.

Doug
CBhvac

"My Name" wrote in message
. 165...
"Patty Wiggins" wrote in
:

Hi,
I have a Ruud Silhouette II furnace and it quit working the other
night. The blower was making a strange sound. The blower started after
a few hours but soon quit. I recently installed a web type filter and
believe this may have caused the problem by causing the motor to
overheat. Any suggestions. You can email me at
. Omit the nospam in the address due to
email harvesters.

thanks,
Jim Wiggins

Hi Jim....
The filter probably didn't do it but it sounds like the bearings may be
bad in the motor. It's an easy replacement though and if you're handy
you should be able to do it yourself.

Doug

Very doubtful....