Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Herzog

Default Help.. buying new construction and I think they are trying to pull a fast one.

We are about to close on a house and we noticed a few major flaws

The first is on the limestone windows sill. Our house is 2/3 brick
and on the first level we have a limestone ledge that also acts as a
sill for our three front windows. Now, they laid the brick at a
slight angle and one the right side it comes out too far. in order
for them to lay the sill correctly they have left a 1/2 horizontal gap
between the sill and the window which they have conveniently calked.
I have heard that horizontal calking can be problematic. Also it
looks horrible. Any opinions would be appreciated

Here is a picture

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/hota_ga/window.jpg

Thanks