Herzog

Default Help.. buying new construction and I think they are trying to pull a fast one.

The picture you see here is what it looked like before it was caulked. I
wanted to show the gap between the window and the sill. My main concern is
will having this gap caulked lead to future problems? The builder is trying
to tell me that caulking is a viable and the only solution. He went off on
a rant about how industrial caulks are just as solid as the limestone. This
is something I have a hard time swallowing.

Yeah, I did askthem to put in a wider sill and he said they would consider
it. The next day they caulked it. =\

"Herzog" wrote in message
om...
We are about to close on a house and we noticed a few major flaws

The first is on the limestone windows sill. Our house is 2/3 brick
and on the first level we have a limestone ledge that also acts as a
sill for our three front windows. Now, they laid the brick at a
slight angle and one the right side it comes out too far. in order
for them to lay the sill correctly they have left a 1/2 horizontal gap
between the sill and the window which they have conveniently calked.
I have heard that horizontal calking can be problematic. Also it
looks horrible. Any opinions would be appreciated

Here is a picture

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/hota_ga/window.jpg

Thanks