Edwin Pawlowski

Default Help.. buying new construction and I think they are trying to pull a fast one.

"Herzog" wrote in message

in order
for them to lay the sill correctly they have left a 1/2 horizontal gap
between the sill and the window which they have conveniently calked.
I have heard that horizontal calking can be problematic. Also it
looks horrible. Any opinions would be appreciated

Here is a picture

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/hota_ga/window.jpg

Seems to me you have a potential problem. There may be a better way to solve
it, such as a wider sill, but from what I can see, moisture is almost
guaranteed to get in there. I'd certainly want it fixed properly.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome