Nexus7

Default Mysterious attachment of microhood to wall

If this shows up twice, please excuse.

I'm trying to remove an old (but not push-button) GE Spacemaker
microwave/range-hood. I removed the 4 bolts holding it from the cabinet
above. However it will not budge. The top can be forced down a little
1/8", but it is still attached solidly. It will not slide out
horizontally, and I don't see any access panels apart from the guts of the
appliance itself. Suggestions?

Thanks.

PhotoMan

"Nexus7" wrote in message
s.com...
If this shows up twice, please excuse.

I'm trying to remove an old (but not push-button) GE Spacemaker
microwave/range-hood. I removed the 4 bolts holding it from the cabinet
above. However it will not budge. The top can be forced down a little
1/8", but it is still attached solidly. It will not slide out
horizontally, and I don't see any access panels apart from the guts of the
appliance itself. Suggestions?

Thanks.

Try raising the back of the unit toward the cabinet. Many of these units are
hung on hooked mounting plates fastened to the wall. The hooks are on the
bottom edge of the plate, and go into slots in the rear edge of the unit.

Alan Beagley

Be warned: it is also possible that at some point during the
uninstallation you will be instructed to reboot the Microhood then allow
the Microhood Uninstaller to continue its work; BUT when you reboot the
Microhood, the Microhood Uninstaller will refuse to run, leaving you
with a Microhood that will neither run nor uninstall completely.

In that case, the only thing to do is reformat your Microhood, then
install Microhood XPletive deleted (a Full version, not an Upgrade,
because now there will be no trace of the previous version left) and
hope that it works better.

-=-
Alan

On 10/27/03 01:23 pm Stormin Mormon put fingers to keyboard and launched
the following message into cyberspace:

Hmm. Most microhood problems with install can be remedied by:

Check your software. Is your wall compatile with your new microhood?

Check also for updates while you're at it.

Close all other appliances in the room. If your refrigerator is still
running, your microhood might not install.

Use the proper utility. Using your own power screwdriver might not
completely uninstall all microhood components. Use the Microhood Uninstaller
which is provided with the microhood.

Reload your house. Use the "electrical power menu" to shut down all
appliances in your home and restart them. Don't just pull the electrical
meter, or your house will have to run Scanroom because House wasn't shut
down properly.

Be sure you have a registered and legal copy of Microhood, not just a
bootleg copy on a rewritable appliance from a buddy.

Randd01

Some units hand on a wall bracket as mentioned above but also have two long
screws about 18 inches long that go from the front bottom of unit to the top on
the wall bracket.

Stormin Mormon

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Nexus7" wrote in message
s.com...
If this shows up twice, please excuse.

I'm trying to remove an old (but not push-button) GE Spacemaker
microwave/range-hood. I removed the 4 bolts holding it from the cabinet
above. However it will not budge. The top can be forced down a little
1/8", but it is still attached solidly. It will not slide out
horizontally, and I don't see any access panels apart from the guts of the
appliance itself. Suggestions?

Thanks.

Stormin Mormon

I've heard that sometimes you have to reformat the entire house. Of course,
all furniture and clothing and towels are lost.

I do believe you have tried to uninstall a Microhood. That was my experience
entirely. I had to reform the entire house. My house formatter, SWMBO,
charges plenty too.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Alan Beagley" wrote in message
[...]

jduprie

there's probably a sheet metal bracket of some sort still hardmounted to the
wall (or some other solid thing). try sliding it in different directions
(usually up works).
--JD

s.com...

video on plastering TXXT123 UK diy 9 September 3rd 04 12:21 AM
Fixing a wall plate on a dense concrete block wall Jas Virdee UK diy 5 July 28th 04 10:00 AM
"Damp" internal wall - initial measurements made. Any ideas? Clive Long,UK UK diy 5 January 30th 04 10:28 AM
Dry Rock Retaining Wall RedHeadAllDay Home Repair 4 August 18th 03 03:12 PM