PhotoMan

Default Mysterious attachment of microhood to wall

"Nexus7" wrote in message
s.com...
If this shows up twice, please excuse.

I'm trying to remove an old (but not push-button) GE Spacemaker
microwave/range-hood. I removed the 4 bolts holding it from the cabinet
above. However it will not budge. The top can be forced down a little
1/8", but it is still attached solidly. It will not slide out
horizontally, and I don't see any access panels apart from the guts of the
appliance itself. Suggestions?

Thanks.

Try raising the back of the unit toward the cabinet. Many of these units are
hung on hooked mounting plates fastened to the wall. The hooks are on the
bottom edge of the plate, and go into slots in the rear edge of the unit.