PM

Default Need New sink recommendation

I'm remodeling my kitchen and have been looking at sinks. We have zeroed in
on the Acrylic and Cast Iron models. The acrylic sinks look nice and seem
to be quiet, what are the pros and cons of each? We now have a cast iron
sink that's 40 years old, had no problems, don't to but new problems.
Thanks.

Genemy

"PM" wrote in message
I'm remodeling my kitchen and have been looking at sinks. We have zeroed

in
on the Acrylic and Cast Iron models. The acrylic sinks look nice and seem
to be quiet, what are the pros and cons of each? We now have a cast iron
sink that's 40 years old, had no problems, don't to but new problems.
Thanks.

all depends on the application
(drop in, farmers sink or undermount)
also what are the countertops going to be?

PM

"Genemy" wrote in message

"PM" wrote in message
I'm remodeling my kitchen and have been looking at sinks. We have

zeroed
in
on the Acrylic and Cast Iron models. The acrylic sinks look nice and

seem
to be quiet, what are the pros and cons of each? We now have a cast

iron
sink that's 40 years old, had no problems, don't to but new problems.
Thanks.

all depends on the application
(drop in, farmers sink or undermount)
also what are the countertops going to be?

The sink will be a drop in, in a Formica countertop. Don't know what you
mean by "farmers sink"?

Genemy

"PM" wrote in message

"Genemy" wrote in message

"PM" wrote in message
I'm remodeling my kitchen and have been looking at sinks. We have

zeroed
in
on the Acrylic and Cast Iron models. The acrylic sinks look nice and

seem
to be quiet, what are the pros and cons of each? We now have a cast

iron
sink that's 40 years old, had no problems, don't to but new problems.
Thanks.

all depends on the application
(drop in, farmers sink or undermount)
also what are the countertops going to be?

The sink will be a drop in, in a Formica countertop.

porcelain will not stain like acylic will... especially from tomatoe sauce.

Don't know what you
mean by "farmers sink"?

a farmers sink is an "apron" sink
check http://www.us.kohler.com/
and search for "apron sink" to see what I am talking about.

PM

"Genemy" wrote in message

"PM" wrote in message

"Genemy" wrote in message

"PM" wrote in message
[...]

No apron sink. So porcelain is the best for all around use?

Genemy

"PM" wrote in message

"Genemy" wrote in message

"PM" wrote in message

"Genemy" wrote in message

"PM" wrote in message
[...]

absolutely is the best all around sink.

PM

"Genemy" wrote in message

"PM" wrote in message

"Genemy" wrote in message

"PM" wrote in message

"Genemy" wrote in message

"PM" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the help.

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 08:24:03 -0500, "Genemy" wrote:

"PM" wrote in message

"Genemy" wrote in message

"PM" wrote in message

"Genemy" wrote in message

"PM" wrote in message
[...]

I agree with that ----- now what is the difference or the pros and
cons of porcelain on steel vs cast iron?

(Other than similar sinks costing $190 for American Standard Enameled
steel or $472.50 for Kohler cast iron?
Alan

"PM" wrote in message

"Genemy" wrote in message

"PM" wrote in message

"Genemy" wrote in message

"PM" wrote in message
[...]

We have an Americast sink and would not make the same mistake again.
It is far too difficult to keep clean.

twiedeman

Cast is still king, for durabillity & longevity, followed by stainless.These
are good choices for "chefs" kitchen.You can go to various plastics for
light use or designer looks.

Another tip - try to get a tile in, surface or flush mount.Avoid a drop-in
if possible .Its a lot easier to clean up.

TinMan1332

Cast is still king, for durabillity & longevity, followed by stainless.These
are good choices for "chefs" kitchen.You can go to various plastics for
light use or designer looks.

No one has mentioned Quartz composite sinks. These can be simple white or
colors or "designer" stone looks. 80% Quartz crystals and 20% acrylic resin.
These sinks look great and are hard as stone. They withstand any houshold
cleaner (including Comet & Ajax) and you won't stain it with tomato sauce or
red wine.

Quarts composite sinks are far superior to scratch resistance and stains than
any other composite surface (including the designer solid surface sinks built
into various makers solid surface counter tops).

These sinks have the thickness of a cast iron sink, excellent sound damping and
superior heat retention.

Quartz composite sinks should not be confused with solid surface composit
materials or acrylic sinks. They allow for the designer looks of solid surface
composites with the wear and performance of cast iron.

Simply, the best of both worlds.

J.P.

Single sink for sale PoP UK diy 0 March 4th 04 04:54 PM
Screw in sink Nozza UK diy 8 December 23rd 03 01:26 AM
Sink Waste venting problem BillR UK diy 1 September 9th 03 04:16 AM
Kitchen Double Sink Suds Problem Robert Home Repair 3 September 7th 03 01:25 PM