Yalcin Alimoglu

Default buderus delta boiler U012-24K

Hello,

I just bought a new buderus delta boiler U012-24K and got installed. I
did not have the chance to read the instructions that came with the
boiler itself before I received the boiler nor the specific
requirements were mentioned in the info sheets made for advertisment
purpose. As I read the instructions more carefully, I found out that
in a flat like mine where the heating is done through the heating
elements under the floor -I mean between the two levels- one should
set a lower temperature. On another page in the instructions it says
that long term usage on low temperatures causes condensation which may
eventually lead to corrosion of the exhaust pipes. To prevent that it
says that one should get installed a three-way cock which was not
installed at all.

As I applied to my firm which sold the boiler and made the
installation, they said that it is not necessary though could not say
in which situation it would be necessary to install a three-way cock.

Do you have any information about that situation? Are the instructions
wrong? Which is correct?

Regards

Yalcin
mark Ransley

Contact the boiler manufacturer, but im sure id go with the
instructions. Sounds like your boiler guy is a hack, who has been paid.

kjpro

"mark Ransley" wrote in message
Contact the boiler manufacturer, but im sure id go with the
instructions. Sounds like your boiler guy is a hack, who has been paid.

How can you call this guy a HACK, while not knowing the application which
the boiler is installed?

There are different ways to pipe a system to insure the return temp is
adequate for the boiler.
And I see nowhere, where the OP stated the water temp setting.
Or how the unit is piped.

Wantta guess again??

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_________________________ __

L. M. Rappaport

On 19 Oct 2003 18:19:11 -0700, (Yalcin
Alimoglu) wrote (with possible editing):

[...]

Sounds like radiant heating and you haven't provided enough
information. Radiant heating always does require a lower temperature
water, but there are several methods of doing that. For example, at
our place, the heating water is tempered with mixing valves which mix
a bit of the return water with the supply side. There are
thermometers just above the mixing side which allow control. In this
case, the boiler provides normal heating water. (I should note that
we use both radiant and conventional baseboard, so it had to be done
like that). Another example would be when the boiler also runs a hot
water heater.

In any case, I wouldn't condemn the installation until you knew what
temperature water the boiler supplies and why it was done the way it
was.
--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com

Delta Announcement News Maven Woodworking 4 April 1st 04 06:23 PM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM
Boiler kettling? David Hearn UK diy 5 January 1st 04 07:47 PM
Another heating problem question! David Hearn UK diy 9 December 12th 03 08:29 PM
Replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 38 November 12th 03 11:10 PM