dzlater

Default Noisy Kenmore Dryer

Hello -

We have a 2 year old electric Kenmore Dryer - model number 417.81142000

It has been working quite well for us but has suddenly become quite noisy.
I have removed the top panel and watched the drum spin and there is no
obvious vibration or other problem.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any clues as to what might be causing the noise.

thanks!

- Dave
Mad Mac

"dzlater" wrote in message
Hello -

We have a 2 year old electric Kenmore Dryer - model number 417.81142000

It has been working quite well for us but has suddenly become quite noisy.
I have removed the top panel and watched the drum spin and there is no
obvious vibration or other problem.

Model number - good start, that tells us that you jave a Frigidaire
manufactured unit. What kind of noise are you experiencing? Thumping,
scraping (if so, metallic/plastic or a mixture), buzzing? Did the noise go
away when you removed the top? Any idea what part of the dryer it comes
from?

Mastermech

Ck the Drum Bushing' you will have to remove the drum. It is usually plastic
and is at the back center of the drum, It holds the drum centered, also for
squeaking ck the front of the drum where it rubs against the front of the
machine. There are slides there that might need replacing or cleaning.
Let us know how you make out.
Good Luck

Bill Hodgson

Idler pulley on the belt anchored to the bottom cabinet panel (slot-fit) is
usually the first to cause noise. It needs oil. There's a special oil
bottle, flexible plastic, filled with the right weight oil, that has an
extending tube to reach hard to reach areas, made especially for this. Ask
the appliance shops or Sears.
- Bill

Kenmore dryer problem jeff Home Repair 0 October 14th 03 10:43 PM
Kenmore Dryer won't shut off John Armstrong Home Repair 4 August 11th 03 02:01 AM