j.lef

Default t.v. cleaning question

Thanks to all, who advised me a few weeks back about my jvc stereo
t.v. that was going bad. I priced out the vertical transformer, and it was
just too pricey to make it worthwhile to repair.
I purchased a sony wega 27fs210 television. Dual tuner picture in
picture, flat screen 27 inch and I made a new wooden cabinet to my
specifications. It took me about three weeks to make and finish it, thats
why the lag before replacing the t.v.
Question I have, is that in the directions or on sonys site, there
is no instruction on how to clean the flat screen itself, only the non
screen part. I have had various flat screen computer monitors, and each of
them, invariably had different cleaning instructions. Such as use windex on
cloth and then wipe screen. Another, no alcohol, another only dry wipe,
etc.
So, how do I clean the screen on my new sony, to get the built
up dust and static clean off it, without creating over time, fine scratch
lines.

Much regards Jerry

TCS

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 19:55:25 GMT, j.lef wrote:
[...]

Always a safe bet: a lint free cotton towel moistened with warm water
followed by a dry cotton towel to dry the screen and prevent waterspots.

Patch

"j.lef" wrote in message
[...]

If there are smokers in the house you will need something stronger than just
plain water. Windex works well for me. If it gets real grungy, use 409.

Stormin Mormon

Gasoline powered pressure washer. About 2500 PSI.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"j.lef" wrote in message
[...]

Dan Hartung

j.lef wrote:
So, how do I clean the screen on my new sony, to get the built
up dust and static clean off it, without creating over time,
fine scratch lines.

Go to a computer store and get a packet of disposable "monitor wipes".
If your screen has a modern anti-glare coating, these won't degrade it
over time, whereas household cleaners such as Windex are alleged to.

j.lef

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Gasoline powered pressure washer. About 2500 PSI.

--

Would 2500 psi be enough pressure? Could you try it out first

on your set, and let me know how it goes?

Ian Stirling

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Gasoline powered pressure washer. About 2500 PSI.

You must not use water to clean it though.
Just use gasoline in the cleaning tank.
You need to blast it for quite a while, so have a smoke while you'r doing
it.

--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | | Ian Stirling.
"An enemy will usually have three courses open to him. Of these he will

LugoMan

Gasoline powered pressure washer. About 2500 PSI.

You must not use water to clean it though.
Just use gasoline in the cleaning tank.
You need to blast it for quite a while, so have a smoke while you'r doing
it.

Yes, and dry it off with some sandpaper.

Bill

j.lef wrote:

[...]

Go to the Sony web site and check there, probably in their FAQ. If it
isn't there they will probably have a way to send them a question.

Bill Gill

Stormin Mormon

wwwwooorrkkkeeeddd gggrrreeeeaaatttt ooonnn ttthhheeeee
mmmmoooonnnnniiiittttooorrrr bbbuuutttt wwwwwwwhhhheeeeennnn iiiii
ddddiiiidddd tttthhheeee kkkkeeeeyyyybbbbooooaaaaarrrrrdddd ttttthhhhheeeee
kkkkkeeeeyyyssss rrreeepppeeeaaaaatttt llllliiikkkeeee tttthhhheeee
ssswwwwiiiitttttccchhhheeesss aaaarrreee ssssttttiiiillll wwweeeettt...

ccccaaannn IIII dddrrrryyyyy iiiiittttttt iiiiiinnn ttttthhheeee
cccllllllooootttthhhhheeeesss dddrrrrryyyyeeeeeeerrrr????????

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"j.lef" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Gasoline powered pressure washer. About 2500 PSI.

--

Would 2500 psi be enough pressure? Could you try it out first

on your set, and let me know how it goes?

Stormin Mormon

SSSSaaannndddddpppppppaaapppeeerrrrr?????? WWiiilll tttthhhaatt gggggeeeettt
iiiitttt ttttooo sssstoooppp rrrreeeppppeeeeaatttinnnngg??????

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus