Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jim Mc Namara

Default Parquet flooring pro's needed

Here's the situation - I laid 32 sq. ft. of 12" x 12" parquet flooring tiles
this weekend. Mfgr's instruction stated it needed to be glued (I used the
appropriate glue and trowel). It also stated to leave a 1/4" gap around the
walls which I did for expansion. Don't understand how it would expand if it
was glued down - but I did it anyway. I laid this same floor in my master
bedroom 4 weeks ago and no problems. It is tongue and grooved on all sides.
I woke up this morning and have a ridge down the middle of the floor which
buckled and raised almost an inch. I'm thinnking the wood expanded alright
.. . . now how to deal with it. My first thought since I can stand on it and
it lays down okay was to make an attempt to inject glue into the bottom
somehow and weight it down. However, if it really is expansion, it will
happen again somewhere else. What do you think? Take my circular saw set
at a very low depth and make a relief and then glue back down? Need some
suggestions from the pros.

Thanks

Jim Mc Namara

Oak parquet flooring Amt UK diy 1 April 9th 04 06:18 PM
parquet flooring - Large tiles. Lc UK diy 0 March 25th 04 10:53 PM
Parquet flooring problem Jim Mc Namara Woodworking 11 September 3rd 03 03:53 PM
Flooring question: parquet over linoleum Oneguy Home Repair 0 July 8th 03 05:38 PM