Doug Mitchell

Default stump removal; 3 feet too high?

Dear Group,

I have a 3 foot high, 2 foot diameter stump. Should the stump be lower to
allow for a stump removal company to do their thing?

Doug

Doug Mitchell wrote:

Dear Group,

I have a 3 foot high, 2 foot diameter stump. Should the stump be lower to
allow for a stump removal company to do their thing?

Doug

if its a professional company they will have a chain saw to cut it to
the ground and then put the big bladed stump remover in to finish it
off, just call them and ask if they charge any more for the 3 ft. high
stump to remove it also.. if not then let them do it...

Stormin Mormon

I'm just a one man bachelor home owner. But I would prefer a higher stump --
when I hook on the truck, it gives me some leverage on the roots.

The stump I took out earlier this year I left about four feet high. I had
not done enough sawzall work, and broke both halves of the trunk. Oh, well.
I did get it loose after a long while. And a lot of sawzall blades.

How bout call the stump grinding company and ask?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Doug Mitchell" wrote in message
news Dear Group,

I have a 3 foot high, 2 foot diameter stump. Should the stump be lower to
allow for a stump removal company to do their thing?

Doug

Daniel L. Belton

Yea.. and pulls the stump out with a truck?? more likely pull the axle off
of the truck!!

"CBHvac" wrote in message
Oh yea..this is the guy you want servicing your stuff...uses a SAWZALL
instead of a chainsaw...

What a flipping idiot....

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I'm just a one man bachelor home owner. But I would prefer a higher

stump --
when I hook on the truck, it gives me some leverage on the roots.

The stump I took out earlier this year I left about four feet high. I

had
not done enough sawzall work, and broke both halves of the trunk. Oh,

well.
I did get it loose after a long while. And a lot of sawzall blades.

How bout call the stump grinding company and ask?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
www.mormons.org
.
.

"Doug Mitchell" wrote in message
news Dear Group,

I have a 3 foot high, 2 foot diameter stump. Should the stump be lower

allow for a stump removal company to do their thing?

Doug

Desert Traveler

"CBHvac" wrote in message
Oh yea..this is the guy you want servicing your stuff...uses a SAWZALL
instead of a chainsaw...

What a flipping idiot....

Duh! Lets see, Bob. Let's hook that loggin' chain round the axle, take a
couple of wraps around the stump, rev' 'er up to five grand, dump the
clutch, take a good run at it, and see what
happens....................................... that stump ain't no match
for MY truck ............

If'n that don't work, we always got the Sawzall ..................... and
you got a Leatherman ................

Priceless.

Steve

George E. Cawthon

" wrote:

Doug Mitchell wrote:

Dear Group,

I have a 3 foot high, 2 foot diameter stump. Should the stump be lower to
allow for a stump removal company to do their thing?

Doug

if its a professional company they will have a chain saw to cut it to
the ground and then put the big bladed stump remover in to finish it
off, just call them and ask if they charge any more for the 3 ft. high
stump to remove it also.. if not then let them do it...

The only suggestion that makes much sense. I can't imagine
the stump removal people charging much more since it would
take about 5 minutes to cut it down to the ground.