donald girod

Default refinishing walls

Molding is prefinished, and applied AFTER all the messy crap has been done
to the wall.

If the paint which manages to stick to the wall is sanded and scuffed, the
drywall goop will stick.

"Jason Young" wrote in message
news
I just took down some nasty wallpaper in our guest room. After taking it
off, I could tell this was the 2nd wallpapering, b/c of bits and pieces of
older wallpaper were here and there. And underneath that was paint, which
has been partially removed in the wallpaper removals.

So my plan was to sand down the painted surface as much as possible,
removing any flaky paint, and then retexture the wall, prime and paint. Is
the drywall mud going to have any problem going over the spotty paint?

I also want to install new baseboards & crown molding (I've removed the
old). Should I attach the moldings first and then texture, or vice-versa?

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Young

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 18:33:11 -0400, donald girod wrote:

Molding is prefinished, and applied AFTER all the messy crap has been done
to the wall.

That's what I figured...

If the paint which manages to stick to the wall is sanded and scuffed, the
drywall goop will stick.

Thanks for the info!