Alexander Galkin

Default Threaded copper adapter

I found yesterday that where my water meter connects to incoming water line
using threaded copper meter there is a tinny leak. Is there way to seal the
leak without unscrewing and then screwing again the water meter.

Alexander Galkin

The water meter is inside my basement. The water meter was setup by a
plumber that previous owner hired when I was buying a house. I also think
that it was me who caused the leak when touching water pipes as it didn't
leak before. in general if it's not a big deal to fix the leak myself I
would rather do it.

"Tom J" wrote in message

"Alexander Galkin" wrote in message
I found yesterday that where my water meter connects to incoming water

line
using threaded copper meter there is a tinny leak. Is there way to seal

the
leak without unscrewing and then screwing again the water meter.

You don't repair leaks on the incoming side of the meter, the water

company
does.

Tom J

Gary Slusser

"Alexander Galkin" wrote
The water meter is inside my basement. The water meter was setup by a
plumber that previous owner hired when I was buying a house. I also

think
that it was me who caused the leak when touching water pipes as it

didn't
leak before. in general if it's not a big deal to fix the leak myself

would rather do it.

Most water meters use a compression nut and rubber type ferrule seal.
Try to tighten the nut slightly by holding the meter so it doesn't
rotate. Most nuts will be security wired, don't break the wire. If that
doesn't work, call the water company.

Gary
Quality Water Associates

mark Ransley

A "plumber" set the meter ? Perhaps you dont have the locked tamper
wire on it ? You caused the leak by " touching " the pipes? and you
would rather do it YOURSELF , so you can continue to disconect it
for free water,,, right,,,,.

meirman

In alt.home.repair on Sat, 19 Jul 2003 12:54:24 -0400 "Alexander
Galkin" posted:

The water meter is inside my basement. The water meter was setup by a
plumber that previous owner hired when I was buying a house. I also think
that it was me who caused the leak when touching water pipes as it didn't
leak before. in general if it's not a big deal to fix the leak myself I
would rather do it.

P&M

I can't get into this Who is in charge business. I know no more than
those who have posted.

But I want you to know that I have applied PC-70 to a drain pipe that
was leaking, because the faucet above it wouldn't stop running
(slowly) and even though water was coming out of the pipe when I put
the PC-70 on, it still dried waterproof.

The mixed paste kept dropping off at places, before it set, and maybe
especially because in dry repairs it adheres to what it touches, and I
had to keep pushing the paste back in place for about 10 minutes or
more. Then I think I got my two roomates to not use the water, other
than the drip, for 16 hours or whatever the can says, and it lasted
for the remaining four months that I could stand to live with them.

PC-70 is fantastic. If you're missing the cap to your winesack, cover
the threads with vaseline and mold a big blob in the shape of the old
cap. Put a hole through the top for the string that holds it on.
When it dries, you may need pliers to get the cap off, but you have a
cap.

If the 1 pound steel siren breaks off the one pound base with the
relay in it, the heavy stuff from 1967, glue it back together with
PC-70 and you can bounce over any road you want for 5 more years with
no trouble. It's still in my basement, still working, if I ever get a
car with enough space to use it again. Much louder than those
currently sold.

If the gear on your food mixer is stripped, put a blob of PC-70 where
they were. When it dries, carve new cogs to match the missing ones
(this worked only for a little while before I used the mixer with
plastic bowls. It hit the burr in the center of the bowl and broke
again. If I had used metal or glass bowls, I don't know how long it
would have lasted.

And their real-item display, when present, illustrates that it sticks
to glass.

I mix it on a glossy piece of heavy cardboard, with popsicle sticks or
screwdrivers. Never let anything in either can touch the other
material. In the cans the unused part keeps 5 or 10 years or more.
Maybe in the smaller container too.

"Tom J" wrote in message

"Alexander Galkin" wrote in message
I found yesterday that where my water meter connects to incoming water

line
using threaded copper meter there is a tinny leak. Is there way to seal

the
leak without unscrewing and then screwing again the water meter.

You don't repair leaks on the incoming side of the meter, the water

company
does.

Tom J

Meirman