Carpenter Ant

Default Keeping evil squirrels out of house.

"X" wrote in message
om...
The squirrel that lived in my atic and destoyed my house has died
apparently of natural causes, it must have been something he ate.
Anyway due to the large amount of damage that the S.O.B. rodent
caused, chewing on three rafters, two floor joist, and the replacemt
of insulation that was urinated on, I have gone to extremes to keep
any further squirrels out. I have cut down all trees within 20 feets
of house, and made sure there is no way for them to get to the roof.
The last place that I need to block off is the power, phone, and cable
wires. I've heard that using a 2 or 3 foor sections of pvc pipe on the
wires will keep squirrels off the roof. Anyone tried this? Is there
anything else I can do to keep the squirrels out?

Thanks,

Steve

Get a dog!

C.A.

indago

Why just the evil ones???

James Keene

X wrote:

The squirrel that lived in my atic and destoyed my house has died
apparently of natural causes, it must have been something he ate.
Anyway due to the large amount of damage that the S.O.B. rodent
caused, chewing on three rafters, two floor joist, and the replacemt
of insulation that was urinated on, I have gone to extremes to keep
any further squirrels out. I have cut down all trees within 20 feets
of house, and made sure there is no way for them to get to the roof.
The last place that I need to block off is the power, phone, and cable
wires. I've heard that using a 2 or 3 foor sections of pvc pipe on the
wires will keep squirrels off the roof. Anyone tried this? Is there
anything else I can do to keep the squirrels out?

Thanks,

Steve

Forget it. You'll never beat'm. They own you now. They will totally
control your life.

This, according to the other 1689 posters (www.google.com is bloated)
who've bitched about this very thing here over the past 7-8 years..

Peter H

"X" wrote in message
om...
The squirrel that lived in my atic and destoyed my house has died
apparently of natural causes, it must have been something he ate.
Anyway due to the large amount of damage that the S.O.B. rodent
caused, chewing on three rafters, two floor joist, and the replacemt
of insulation that was urinated on, I have gone to extremes to keep
any further squirrels out. I have cut down all trees within 20 feets
of house, and made sure there is no way for them to get to the roof.
The last place that I need to block off is the power, phone, and cable
wires. I've heard that using a 2 or 3 foor sections of pvc pipe on the
wires will keep squirrels off the roof. Anyone tried this? Is there
anything else I can do to keep the squirrels out?

Thanks,

Steve

I would suggest blocking the entrance that the last sob was using. I'd also
keep a rat trap up there just to be sure.

Peter H

Patch

"X" wrote in message
om...
The squirrel that lived in my atic and destoyed my house has died
apparently of natural causes, it must have been something he ate.
Anyway due to the large amount of damage that the S.O.B. rodent
caused, chewing on three rafters, two floor joist, and the replacemt
of insulation that was urinated on, I have gone to extremes to keep
any further squirrels out. I have cut down all trees within 20 feets
of house, and made sure there is no way for them to get to the roof.
The last place that I need to block off is the power, phone, and cable
wires. I've heard that using a 2 or 3 foor sections of pvc pipe on the
wires will keep squirrels off the roof. Anyone tried this? Is there
anything else I can do to keep the squirrels out?

Thanks,

Steve

Seal all entries to your attic that the little beggars might be using to
enter the attic. Then set out several boxes of "D-Con mouse & rat poison"
in the attic. Cutting down trees is a waste of time. Putting guards on your
power lines is a waste of time.

Bob

"Patch" wrote in message

Cutting down trees is a waste of time. Putting guards on your
power lines is a waste of time.

Pruning trees solved the problem for me.

Bob

Joe Agro

Trap 'em, take then 10+ miles away and somewhere across a major highway and
let 'em go. If they make it back alive, repeat process.

In the meantime, seal up every hole you can, prune trees and buy a pellet
gun.

Regards,
Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7

Ask me about "The Ride" on July 26: http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm

$0.03 bargain: http://tinyurl.com/9sz6
"Bob" wrote in message

"Patch" wrote in message

Cutting down trees is a waste of time. Putting guards on your
power lines is a waste of time.

Pruning trees solved the problem for me.

Bob

Zemedelec

Subject: Keeping evil squirrels out of house.
BRBR

I assume the good ones will have free entry : )
zemedelec
Andy & Carol

Ihad 3 in my attic, they put a hole in my facia board, underneath my roof
edge.
Near the hole ,on the roof I baited 5 rat traps, with good smelling peanut
butter...3 dead squirrils in one day, they cant pass up peanut butter!
They will chew on your electric wire...one chewed all the way threw,
blew a fuse, I had a hard time finding that chewed up spot, no fire, we were
lucky!
This happened about 10 yrs. ago, before this latest episode!
Andy