Nordic4Sale

Default Gable RakeBoard "Over" Siding or "Beside"????

I'm re-siding my home in hardiplank and am going to us a 1x6 rakeboard
under the Gables. Most of the homes I've seen have the siding
installed first and then a thin rake board applied over top... with
lap siding this creats a small triangular void that would seem to be a
haven for insects..

Does anyone every install the Rake board first and use a 3/4 or 1"
stock and then "kill" the siding into the rake board, similar to how
you tie the siding into corner boards?

Thanks,

bradesp