Nordic4Sale

Default Gable RakeBoard "Over" Siding or "Beside"????

A rake board is simply the board that is applied to the wall and runs
along the underside of the gable over hang... it's similar to a Frieze
Board that runs along the top of a side wave with an eave overhang...
just a different name because it follows the "rake" of the gable wall.

bradesp

(Drew) wrote in message . com...
I'm sorry I can't help you, but maybe someone else can help both of
us. I just bought a new townhome and the HOA paperwork says we need
to paint the RAKEBOARD.

What the heck is a rakeboard? Is it a pain to paint a rakeboard?

Thanks,
Drew

(Nordic4Sale) wrote in message . com...
I'm re-siding my home in hardiplank and am going to us a 1x6 rakeboard
under the Gables. Most of the homes I've seen have the siding
installed first and then a thin rake board applied over top... with
lap siding this creats a small triangular void that would seem to be a
haven for insects..

Does anyone every install the Rake board first and use a 3/4 or 1"
stock and then "kill" the siding into the rake board, similar to how
you tie the siding into corner boards?

Thanks,

bradesp