Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More scary haunted house stuff . . . .

Haunted Victorian
by Alison

About two years ago, myself and my three children moved into a Victorian
house estimated at about 100 years old. At the time we were moving in,
my daughter's friend (16) claimed to have seen a lady wearing white in
the backyard. We blew it off. We regularly hear my bedroom door upstairs
open, close, footsteps coming down the stairs, sometimes going out the
back door, but most of the time just fade at the bottom.

But within the last month, the activity has increased and I am trying to
figure out why. Somebody told me that maybe it was because we were
opening up the attic space to convert to living space. Now we hear
voices (muffled man and woman), the door on the landing opens and slams
repeatedly. But this is the deal-breaker for me: the cocker spaniel
sleeps on the landing and has two episodes where he just totally and
completely freaks out in the middle of the night and does this weird
noise -- half howl-half whine -- and is like frozen, won't move, for
about an hour. There are warm spots in my daughter's room, the same one
that the voices come from. We are ready to move.

Source:
http://paranormal.about.com/library/..._june08_11.htm