Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tin condensation on wooden porch

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 20:35:22 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 10/20/16 8:14 PM, Glendafloyd14 wrote:
I have an open wooden back porch with a silver tin roof that has
condensation
on the underside of the roof. It drips on every piece or furniture and even
the wooden floor. How can we fix this the best and/or cheapest way? We
live in
the Pee Dee area of South Carolina

Grain bins have vents to help with that. What about vents like
those used on campers?
Would it be practical to blow some insulation against the bottom side of
the roof so it won't cool so quickly when the sun isn't shining on it?

This is a common problem. Same as how your car windows get all fogged up
when the outdoor air is colder than the inside air.

If spraying foam is too costly, I'd get some of the pink foam, at least
1" thick, cut it to fit tightly between the rafters. Push it up there,
insert (toenail) a few nails or screws into the rafters, then seal it
along the edges with spray foam (Great Stuff or similar). If it's a
large roof, at least one vent would help too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...h-1112373-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/20/16 8:14 PM, Glendafloyd14 wrote:
I have an open wooden back porch with a silver tin roof that has
condensation
on the underside of the roof. It drips on every piece or furniture and even
the wooden floor. How can we fix this the best and/or cheapest way? We
live in
the Pee Dee area of South Carolina

I wonder if the roof coatings for trailer houses and RVs would do
any good.

condensation on metal porch roof internaughtfull Home Repair 3 November 22nd 20 09:31 PM
Metal porch versus wood porch cover Andy[_30_] Home Repair 28 August 29th 13 03:59 AM
Wooden Porch advice robgraham UK diy 0 January 26th 09 09:13 PM
Wooden front porch construction on slab [email protected] Woodworking 4 July 27th 08 07:56 PM
replace wooden porch steps? [email protected] Home Repair 1 September 7th 05 11:04 PM