Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remember the Tulsa shooting?

On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 10:38:14 PM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/htukxrw

TULSA, Okla. (AP) €” Prosecutors in Tulsa, Oklahoma, have filed first-
degree manslaughter charges against the white police officer who
fatally shot an unarmed black man on a city street.

District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler filed the charges Thursday against
officer Betty Shelby, who shot and killed 40-year-old Terence Crutcher
on Sept. 16. Dashcam and aerial footage of the shooting and its
aftermath showed Crutcher walking away from Shelby with his arms in the
air.

The footage does not offer a clear view of when Shelby fired the single
shot that killed Crutcher. Her attorney has said Crutcher was not
following police commands and that Shelby opened fire when the man
began to reach into his SUV window.

Tulsa police say Crutcher did not have a gun on him or in his vehicle.

I'm glad to see they realized, Betty shot him without just cause. Oh
wait.. I stated I thought he was shot without justified reason, Didn't
I....Yep Yep.

I hope she gets convicted and serves her time in general population.

--
Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you.
Benjamin Franklin

Are you on time delay news? Shelby being charged happened a month ago
and was widely reported at the time.

What happened there is a good example of what can happen when you
decide to ignore the police and settle something on the street
instead of in court. IDK if she is guilty or innocent, but I do
know that the dead perp created the toxic situation that ultimately
lead to what happened. And contrary to what we initially heard
about a "minister" being gunned down, PCP was found in his car and
the autopsy showed the perp was chock full of it.