Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mower Doesn't Catch Grass

On Saturday, April 14, 2001 at 8:00:27 AM UTC-6, Buck Turgidson wrote:
I have a Sears Lawnmower, about a year old. It doesn't bag the grass worth a darn.
I'll cut the whole lawn, and the bag won't even be 1/4 full. I don't claim to be a
genius, but I can only see one way to put the bag on, so let's assume I've done
that correctly.

It is a mulching lawnmower, with the curved blade. Would buying a flat blade help?
I am guessing that the motor is so powerful (6.75 hp, not self-propelled), that it
is mulching and pulverizing before it can bag it.

Appreciate any responese.

I don't know if this will help your situation or not, but it sounds a LOT like what 4 of mine were NOT doing....picking up grass clipping. I uploaded what I did on mine at: https://youtu.be/FuYu4CHBzZw
I hope this will help.