Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A Program to Assist Homeless People to do Home Repair

Our government needs to do something useful for once, and do something
for the poor. Why not develop a program to Assist Homeless People to do
Home Repair.

First they need to educate these homeless people about proper home
repair techniques and practices. Then provide these people with the
tools and materials needed to repair their own homes.

At least our tax dollars will be used for something good for once.....
Is this too much to ask from our politicians!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 12:26:58 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 05:36:22 -0400,
wrote:

Our government needs to do something useful for once, and do something
for the poor. Why not develop a program to Assist Homeless People to do
Home Repair.

Every see the number of homeless that have mental problems, drug
addition and/or are fugitives from justice? Heck, invite them into
your home.

First they need to educate these homeless people about proper home
repair techniques and practices. Then provide these people with the
tools and materials needed to repair their own homes.

At least our tax dollars will be used for something good for once.....
Is this too much to ask from our politicians!

More big government. Politicians can't even fix the homeless problem
but you want more government, Home Guy?

The unions would never have it. When I was inspecting for the state, a
lot of the work was in the prison system and they had inmates with
lots of skill (mostly busted for "pot crime") but the state could not
even use them for labor on state jobs outside the wire. The trades
were to blame. They did not want the competition. These guys could
pick up trash on the highway and clean up around job sites but they
could not even pick up a shovel if it was "construction".

Correct. Unions are the ones opposed. Air Force bases had federal
prisoners doing janitorial duties in buildings so troops could perform
more important duties. Unions lost the battle. But prisons on bases
have been closed so maybe the Unions got contracts, IDK.

When the feds started UNICOR https://www.unicor.gov/index.aspx the
private sector sued the feds wanting contracts and lost, too. Likely
the same in Texas.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 09:43:36 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Hint: Homeless people don't have homes.

Homeless shelters? What about refrigerator boxes with cut out
windows?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hint: Homeless people don't have homes.

Homeless shelters? What about refrigerator boxes with cut out
windows?

I just can't believe that some people think that the MooCow was serious
and responded as such. I would have thought that everyone knew him by
now.