Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Damaged Particleboard bookshelves

One of my bookshelves was damaged in a recent move. Pictures he
http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/bo...ry/Bookshelves

The other three corners of the base have a small plastic foot nailed in. How would you repair this corner to keep it from deteriorating further and enable it to take a foot? This bookshelf will go between two others so the repair won't show but it should be flush with the side of the cabinet.

Also, my floor is not exactly level. What would you use for thin shims (maybe 1/16" more or less)?

Finally, I'm going to store old vinyl LPs on the bottom shelf of each 7' cabinet, which will stabilize them. But do you think they also need to be anchored to the studs? Screw eyelets and 20 AWG stranded wire?