Posted to alt.home.repair

Default hose lawn sprayer

anyone have a suggestion on a lawn sprayer with end hose.

the one have is an ancient Ortho lawn sprayer. had it since late 1980.
it doesn't seem to be working after each spray to kill the weeds in lawn.

--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me

Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Depot sells one from mircale gor loaded with fertiliser for ten bucks

I found them in 99c stores empty for less

diverting to plain spray guns, got them for like three bucks from 99c stores

But they are plastic and the pivot joint breaks in like a month

dang, where's my old stainless "car wash" spray gun

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/7/2016 1:29 PM, dilbert firestorm wrote:
anyone have a suggestion on a lawn sprayer with end hose.

the one have is an ancient Ortho lawn sprayer. had it since late 1980.
it doesn't seem to be working after each spray to kill the weeds in lawn.

I'd think clogged if it is not dispensing enough.
Also someone in a gardening group pointed out that weeds may be more
resistant when it is very hot. Apparently their pores are not as open
to absorb the week killer.

I use a hose sprayer on a tree to reach up there with insecticide but
for lawn weeds prefer a tank sprayer where premix cannot be too dilute
or concentrated.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/7/2016 3:20 PM, Frank wrote:
On 8/7/2016 1:29 PM, dilbert firestorm wrote:
anyone have a suggestion on a lawn sprayer with end hose.

the one have is an ancient Ortho lawn sprayer. had it since late 1980.
it doesn't seem to be working after each spray to kill the weeds in
lawn.

I'd think clogged if it is not dispensing enough.
Also someone in a gardening group pointed out that weeds may be more
resistant when it is very hot. Apparently their pores are not as open
to absorb the week killer.

I use a hose sprayer on a tree to reach up there with insecticide but
for lawn weeds prefer a tank sprayer where premix cannot be too dilute
or concentrated.

well, I use atrazine to kill the grass weeds.

clogged up, that's a possibility. I'll have to try to clean it.

the contents in the bottle never went down after each spray. its prolly
clogged or broken.

oh Yeah, I found the ortho spray on amazon. this is the one I have.

https://www.amazon.com/Ortho-0836560...rayer+hose+end

--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me