Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Camry

Hi,

I tried calling Loretta but she was not available. I left a
message for her to call me back.

Beforehand I had gone to the Honda website to look at colors. They are
even more subdued than Toyota, so even if we were to look at the Hondas
they'd have to stack up a lot of quality to ignore the colors.

Before calling Loretta I wanted to review my thoughts about the wheels
and low profile tires. What I gathered from several websites was that

1. The pros are that they provide slightly better braking because they
often are wider than regular profile tires. Additionally they give
better handling because of the wider profile and because there is less
profile a little better gas mileage.
2. However, the cons are that because their profile is is much smaller
they give a harsher ride, are worse in winter, and very susceptible to
road damage when hitting a deep pot hole, since there is less profile
and room to flex. As a result wheels often get damaged . and alloy
wheels are already prone to easier breakage than steel wheels.

So without taking into the negatives of the black dashboard, the
chrome tipped exhaust pipe, running lights that stick out from the body
to easily get damaged, red color that is a little too dark red, I think
the low profile tires and alloy wheels are a big issue to negate getting
this particular style car.

By the time I was finished writing Loretta called and I explained how
the tires and wheels were enough to make me think twice. I gave her
details about low profile tires as compared to regular profile ones. I
explained that we were still in the market but we would not be
interested in a Camry SE model at all but would look at the colors
again. She said, in closing, that we would be hearing from her.

See you later,

Jan

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/14/2016 6:42 AM, Jan Alter wrote:
[...]

Sounds great. I haven't heard from Loretta in ages - how is she doing?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/14/2016 8:49 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
[...]

Well, she's recovered nicely from her hysterectomy but she still has
urinary urgency and needs to stick with her Depends for awhile yet.

Hey! Who the hell are you? This is a PRIVATE, Personal conversation,
butt out!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jan Alter wrote:
[...]

There is no such thing as privacy on usenet . You stuck it out there where
everybody can read and respond . Looks like you ****ed up , eh ?

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 09:42:57 -0400, Jan Alter
wrote:

Hi,

I tried calling Loretta but she was not available. I left a
message for her to call me back.

Loretta is busy right now. I think she'd want me to reply for her.

Beforehand I had gone to the Honda website to look at colors. They are
even more subdued than Toyota, so even if we were to look at the Hondas
they'd have to stack up a lot of quality to ignore the colors.

Before calling Loretta I wanted to review my thoughts about the wheels
and low profile tires. What I gathered from several websites was that

1. The pros are that they provide slightly better braking because they
often are wider than regular profile tires. Additionally they give
better handling because of the wider profile and because there is less

You can make up for these two things by driving 2mph slower. More
important is how pretty the car is.

[...]

Okay. Are we still getting together for drinks tomorrow night
(Wednesday)? 6PM, right?

Jan

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 9:08:02 AM UTC-5, Jan Alter wrote:
[...]

What a funny post if it's not a troll. Check the settings on your Email/newsreader program because your conversation has been spread over Usenet. This is the alt.home.repair newsgroup and your message has been shared across the Globe. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Funny Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jan Alter wrote in news:57600fbd$0$7206$b1db1813$15bdbe48
@news.astraweb.com:

Hey! Who the hell are you? This is a PRIVATE, Personal conversation,
butt out!

Why did you post a PRIVATE, Personal conversation on a public forum?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 10:08:02 AM UTC-4, Jan Alter wrote:
[...]

Hey, you used "butt out" and "Depends" in the same post.

Maybe Loretta needs a different size?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 9:29:30 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:

What a funny post if it's not a troll. Check the settings on your Email/newsreader program because your conversation has been spread over Usenet. This is the alt.home.repair newsgroup and your message has been shared across the Globe. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Funny Monster

Don't you mean "[8~{} Uncle Amused Monster", 'cause *you* are rarely funny? O_o
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 10:00:02 AM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:
On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 9:29:30 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:

What a funny post if it's not a troll. Check the settings on your Email/newsreader program because your conversation has been spread over Usenet. This is the alt.home.repair newsgroup and your message has been shared across the Globe. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Funny Monster

Don't you mean "[8~{} Uncle Amused Monster", 'cause *you* are rarely funny? O_o

Oh come on Booby V. Why did you butt in and be a troll? Childish behavior again. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Amused Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/14/2016 9:42 AM, Jan Alter wrote:
[...]

Loretta called me yesterday, said you should buy American.
The job you save might be your own. She also says her AA
sponsor is so pleased with her, been sober for how long,
now? She's also not throwing up at night.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/14/2016 10:07 AM, Jan Alter wrote:
[...]

I've made your mistake in posting to this ng when the email was personal.
Found that using Thunderbird there is an ad on that puts red lines above
and below to alert you that besides your friend, you are also posting to
a ng.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/14/2016 12:30 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Toyota also makes cars here. I also once had a Nissan manufactured here.

US manufacturers are making cars in Mexico and Canada and selling them
here. Even cars made here have foreign parts. I once knew an engineer
that left Ford where his job was to fit a Japanese engine into US made car.

Jan and Loretta and every body else should know this.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/14/2016 9:42 AM, Jan Alter wrote:
Hi,

I tried calling Loretta but she was not available. I left a message
for her to call me back.

Beforehand I had gone to the Honda website to look at colors. They are
even more subdued than Toyota, so even if we were to look at the Hondas
they'd have to stack up a lot of quality to ignore the colors.

Hondas are boring. Camry a little less so. Take a look at Hyundai for
a better value. www.hyundaiusa.com

The low profile tires look better.

Give my regards to Loretta. Hope she is doing well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 10:34:03 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 10:00:02 AM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:
On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 9:29:30 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:

What a funny post if it's not a troll. Check the settings on your Email/newsreader program because your conversation has been spread over Usenet.. This is the alt.home.repair newsgroup and your message has been shared across the Globe. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Funny Monster

Don't you mean "[8~{} Uncle Amused Monster", 'cause *you* are rarely funny? O_o

Oh come on Booby V. Why did you butt in and be a troll? Childish behavior again. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Amused Monster

Because you love to respond to me...and I hate to disappoint!
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵Ʒ
..(ړײ)/
..«
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 12:30:16 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

What fits your criteria of "buy American"?

Stolen without permission from:

http://www.whiteoutpress.com/article...nger-made-usa/

Fuzzy numbers

Heres a trick question - how many Ford cars and trucks are manufactured in the
United States each year? Thats difficult to answer for two reasons. One, the
company only reports the number of vehicles manufactured in each continent. In
the case of North America, the number is 2.9 million, just under half of all
the Fords made in the entire world annually.

The other problem is that cars and trucks arent made in one spot anymore. The
parts are made in different factories and then shipped to an assembly plant in
a separate location all together. And unfortunately, American made cars like
Ford are no longer American-made.

Made in USA

According to the most recent results of Fortune Magazines annual list of
American made vehicles, there are only seven cars or trucks actually made in
the USA. And none of them are Fords. To qualify as being American made, at
least 75% of the vehicle must be manufactured in the US.

Forbes 2015 list of American-made vehicles:

1. Toyota Camry
2. Toyota Sienna
3. Chevrolet Traverse
4. Honda Odyssey
5. GMC Acadia
6. Buick Enclave
7. Chevrolet Corvette
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 12:57:43 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/14/2016 9:42 AM, Jan Alter wrote:
Hi,

I tried calling Loretta but she was not available. I left a message
for her to call me back.

Beforehand I had gone to the Honda website to look at colors. They are
even more subdued than Toyota, so even if we were to look at the Hondas
they'd have to stack up a lot of quality to ignore the colors.

Hondas are boring. Camry a little less so. Take a look at Hyundai for
a better value. www.hyundaiusa.com

The low profile tires look better.

Give my regards to Loretta. Hope she is doing well.

Lowmprofilem tires allow a larger rim mfor the same rolling diameter -
which CAN allow larger brakes to be fitted. Their only other
advantage? is there is less sidewall flex, so the steering is a WEE
bit mmore direct - slightly better handling "on the edge"

Drawbacks are more expensive rims, much more expensive tires, and a
significantly higher probability that you will have to replace them
both due to road hazzards. Also a less compliant ride.

An when I sat "more expensive" it is not small change..

All civic. Acords, Corollas and Camries sold in North America are made
here as well as the majority of Hyundais
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 12:44:12 PM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:
On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 10:34:03 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 10:00:02 AM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:
On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 9:29:30 AM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:

What a funny post if it's not a troll. Check the settings on your Email/newsreader program because your conversation has been spread over Usenet. This is the alt.home.repair newsgroup and your message has been shared across the Globe. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Funny Monster

Don't you mean "[8~{} Uncle Amused Monster", 'cause *you* are rarely funny? O_o

Oh come on Booby V. Why did you butt in and be a troll? Childish behavior again. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Amused Monster

Because you love to respond to me...and I hate to disappoint!
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵Ʒ
.(ړײ)/
.«
.

Well Booby, here's a big wet sloppy kiss for you, SMOOCH!