Posted to alt.home.repair
Jan Alter Jan Alter is offline

Default Camry

Hi,

I tried calling Loretta but she was not available. I left a
message for her to call me back.

Beforehand I had gone to the Honda website to look at colors. They are
even more subdued than Toyota, so even if we were to look at the Hondas
they'd have to stack up a lot of quality to ignore the colors.

Before calling Loretta I wanted to review my thoughts about the wheels
and low profile tires. What I gathered from several websites was that

1. The pros are that they provide slightly better braking because they
often are wider than regular profile tires. Additionally they give
better handling because of the wider profile and because there is less
profile a little better gas mileage.
2. However, the cons are that because their profile is is much smaller
they give a harsher ride, are worse in winter, and very susceptible to
road damage when hitting a deep pot hole, since there is less profile
and room to flex. As a result wheels often get damaged . and alloy
wheels are already prone to easier breakage than steel wheels.

So without taking into the negatives of the black dashboard, the
chrome tipped exhaust pipe, running lights that stick out from the body
to easily get damaged, red color that is a little too dark red, I think
the low profile tires and alloy wheels are a big issue to negate getting
this particular style car.

By the time I was finished writing Loretta called and I explained how
the tires and wheels were enough to make me think twice. I gave her
details about low profile tires as compared to regular profile ones. I
explained that we were still in the market but we would not be
interested in a Camry SE model at all but would look at the colors
again. She said, in closing, that we would be hearing from her.

See you later,

Jan