Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is this?

What is the thing on the bottom?

http://imgur.com/oeFtfKD

The thing on the top is a sparkplug gap gauge. The whole thing was in
my late friend's truck.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 01 Jun 2016 00:45:10 -0400, Micky
wrote:

What is the thing on the bottom?

http://imgur.com/oeFtfKD

The thing on the top is a sparkplug gap gauge. The whole thing was in
my late friend's truck.

It looks like the tool you use to repair ball marks on the green.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What is the thing on the bottom?

http://imgur.com/oeFtfKD

The thing on the top is a sparkplug gap gauge. The whole thing was in
my late friend's truck.

It looks like the tool you use to repair ball marks on the green.

Hey, you're right. I knew it looked familiar, but it must have been
40+ years ago that I saw one. He didn't play golf afaik but his
father might have.

I forgot to mention that it says Harshaw ColorPlate on it, but
there's almost nothing about Harshaw in google.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is this? (golf tool of some kind)

On 6/1/2016 12:45 AM, Micky wrote:

What is the thing on the bottom?

http://imgur.com/oeFtfKD

The thing on the top is a sparkplug gap gauge. The whole thing was in
my late friend's truck.

I don't totally know what it is, but golf players
often carry them. My friend Bob Anderson was a big
golf player, but he died a couple years back. Maybe
some one at a golf pro shop can answer your question?

You might get a jargon answer. "Oh, when you bogie
on the back fairway, you need to divot your putt, so
you can play through, and you need one of these." I
guess if you are easy to please and gullible, that
answer will keep you wondering.

OTOH, might be another mechanic tool. Used to adjust
the whippet tappet on the crank shaft piston rod free
play cylinder valve assembly under the distributor
on internal combustion overhead valve engines with
flo jet carburetion fuel delivery systems. Know I'm
sayin, bro?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What is the thing on the bottom?

http://imgur.com/oeFtfKD

The thing on the top is a sparkplug gap gauge. The whole thing was in
my late friend's truck.

It looks like the tool you use to repair ball marks on the green.

....the other side is for tightening/changing shoe spikes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 08:03:18 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I don't totally know what it is

Lots of drivel snipped

You still refuse to eliminate reference to a nonexistent original post don't you? Have you always been this stubborn?
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 06/01/2016 3:42 AM, Micky wrote:

I forgot to mention that it says Harshaw ColorPlate on it, but
there's almost nothing about Harshaw in google.

Saw that (at least the Harshaw part)...I'd guess it was an advertising
piece...maybe a local/regional paint manufacturer/distributor or somesuch???

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.messianic

On 5/31/2016 9:45 PM, Micky wrote:

What is the thing on the bottom?

http://imgur.com/oeFtfKD

The thing on the top is a sparkplug gap gauge. The whole thing was in
my late friend's truck.

It looks like an old fashioned cock ring.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 01 Jun 2016 09:43:39 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 06/01/2016 3:42 AM, Micky wrote:

I forgot to mention that it says Harshaw ColorPlate on it, but
there's almost nothing about Harshaw in google.

Saw that (at least the Harshaw part)...I'd guess it was an advertising
piece...maybe a local/regional paint manufacturer/distributor or somesuch???

His father and, later, he owned a metal plating company, in Baltimore.
I wonder if the two businesses are related somehow.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What is the thing on the bottom?

http://imgur.com/oeFtfKD

The thing on the top is a sparkplug gap gauge. The whole thing was in
my late friend's truck.

It looks like the tool you use to repair ball marks on the green.

Correct. The two nubs atop the same tool is for changing golf cleats
on the shoes.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.messianic

On 6/1/2016 8:53 AM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 5/31/2016 9:45 PM, Micky wrote:

What is the thing on the bottom?

http://imgur.com/oeFtfKD

The thing on the top is a sparkplug gap gauge. The whole thing was in
my late friend's truck.

It looks like an old fashioned cock ring.

poastscriptum: My penis is much to large to fit into that tiny ring. Just sayin'. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/1/2016 9:19 AM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 08:03:18 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I don't totally know what it is

Lots of drivel snipped

You still refuse to eliminate reference to a nonexistent original post don't you? Have you always been this stubborn?

Candidly, I have no clue what you are talking about.
I try to do a reasonable job of trimming text. Might
not meet your perfection, but I have no idea why.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 2:40:13 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/1/2016 9:19 AM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 08:03:18 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I don't totally know what it is

Lots of drivel snipped

You still refuse to eliminate reference to a nonexistent original post don't you? Have you always been this stubborn?

Candidly, I have no clue what you are talking about.
I try to do a reasonable job of trimming text. Might
not meet your perfection, but I have no idea why.

I'll take a guess. This may be what he is complaining about...

The original subject line of this thread is "What is this?"

The subject line for your first response reads as follows:

" What is this? (golf tool of some kind)"

It appears as if you are referencing (via "") a thread entitled:

"What is this? (golf tool of some kind)"

There is no thread entitled "What is this? (golf tool of some kind)"
so Gordon is complaining that you are referencing a thread that
doesn't exist.

Gordon...do I have that right? Obviously I can't see what you are seeing,
so I may be misunderstanding your unhappiness with Stormy's methods.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Ball mark repair tool and golf cleat tool.

The long part is used to repair the mark a ball leaves on a green. The
short part is used to tighten and loosen the spikes on the bottom of the
golf shoe.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/1/2016 3:15 PM, badgolferman wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/1/2016 12:45 AM, Micky wrote:

What is the thing on the bottom?

http://imgur.com/oeFtfKD

The thing on the top is a sparkplug gap gauge. The whole thing was in
my late friend's truck.

I don't totally know what it is, but golf players
often carry them. My friend Bob Anderson was a big
golf player, but he died a couple years back. Maybe
some one at a golf pro shop can answer your question?

Ball mark repair tool and golf cleat tool.

The long part is used to repair the mark a ball leaves on a green. The
short part is used to tighten and loosen the spikes on the bottom of the
golf shoe.

Ah! So, it was a golfers device. Thank you,
you are very kind. And keep your head down.
You may play through any day.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 11:54:27 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03 wrote:

[...]

You have it 100% correct!

I have explained it to him numerous times. You understand it perfectly, why can't stormy?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is this? (changing subject lines with thread drift)

On 6/1/2016 5:09 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
[...]

I've learned over the years to change the subject
line as the subject changes. This is common courtesy
and old world manners. Why can't Gordon understand
it perfectly?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is this? (Gordon's Usenet Technique)

On 6/1/2016 2:54 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 2:40:13 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Candidly, I have no clue what you are talking about.
I try to do a reasonable job of trimming text. Might
not meet your perfection, but I have no idea why.

I'll take a guess. This may be what he is complaining about...

The original subject line of this thread is "What is this?"

The subject line for your first response reads as follows:

" What is this? (golf tool of some kind)"

It appears as if you are referencing (via "") a thread entitled:

"What is this? (golf tool of some kind)"

There is no thread entitled "What is this? (golf tool of some kind)"
so Gordon is complaining that you are referencing a thread that
doesn't exist.

Gordon...do I have that right? Obviously I can't see what you are seeing,
so I may be misunderstanding your unhappiness with Stormy's methods.

Derby Dad can explain the strange and singular
quoting technique. Derby, you have that right.

Gordon, why can't you explain that?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 17:19:44 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

[...]

I don't have a problem with you changing the subject line. Obviously you don't understand that.

I, and maybe many others, do have a problem when the " " precedes the renamed subject line giving one the impression there
is an original post -- which there isn't. Obviously you don't understand that either.

Quit acting like a liberal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 5:19:48 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Except that you are not doing it right, at least not in this case.

1 - The subject line of this thread was "What is it". The subject has not
changed, but the question has been answered. Why are you including the
answer in the subject line?

2 - Your use of is the main problem. That is what is screwing up some
newsreaders. Why can't you understand that perfectly.

That has been Gordon's complaint all along.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 6:16:40 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:
[...]

Don't even bother. Stormy's playing his games again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 17:19:44 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

There is no thread entitled "What is this? (golf tool of some kind)"
so Gordon is complaining that you are referencing a thread that
doesn't exist.

Gordon...do I have that right? Obviously I can't see what you are seeing,
so I may be misunderstanding your unhappiness with Stormy's methods.

You have it 100% correct!

I have explained it to him numerous times. You understand it perfectly, why can't stormy?

I've learned over the years to change the subject
line as the subject changes. This is common courtesy
and old world manners. Why can't Gordon understand
it perfectly?

Another thing you learned over the years was top posting.
I hope you can un-learn this bad habit quicker than it took you to un-learned top posting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/01/2016 06:04 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 17:19:44 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've learned over the years to change the subject
line as the subject changes. This is common courtesy
and old world manners. Why can't Gordon understand
it perfectly?

Another thing you learned over the years was top posting.
I hope you can un-learn this bad habit quicker than it took you to un-learned top posting.

I'm not a lawyer but I'd argue that Stormy has the right to use deadly force to stop scofflaw topic-shifters.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/1/2016 6:14 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 17:19:44 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've learned over the years to change the subject
line as the subject changes. This is common courtesy
and old world manners. Why can't Gordon understand
it perfectly?

I don't have a problem with you changing the subject line. Obviously you don't understand that.

I, and maybe many others, do have a problem when the " " precedes the renamed subject line giving one the impression there
is an original post -- which there isn't. Obviously you don't understand that either.

Quit acting like a liberal.

You are so totally right that I didn't understand
your concerns. Thanks for making that a bit more
clear.

Now, in true liberal form, I need some government
money for all the mental anguish. Have to call my
case worker when I get a moment.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/1/2016 6:47 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 5:19:48 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've learned over the years to change the subject
line as the subject changes. This is common courtesy
and old world manners. Why can't Gordon understand
it perfectly?

Except that you are not doing it right, at least not in this case.

1 - The subject line of this thread was "What is it". The subject has not
changed, but the question has been answered. Why are you including the
answer in the subject line?

2 - Your use of is the main problem. That is what is screwing up some
newsreaders. Why can't you understand that perfectly.

That has been Gordon's complaint all along.

Mostly cause Gordon did a poor job of
describing. Now, I definitely need some
government money for all this anguish.

What is wrong with people who netpick
over or use of apostrophes?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is this? (Gordon's Ramblings)

On 6/1/2016 6:57 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 6:16:40 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 17:22:12 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Derby Dad can explain the strange and singular
quoting technique. Derby, you have that right.

Gordon, why can't you explain that?

WTF?

Don't even bother. Stormy's playing his games again.

Oh, right. Wait till your guy goofs up, and then
quit the thread. I think Gordon would have saved a
lot of time to simply ask me to delete off the
when the subject line changes. How hard was that?
Only took four or five tries for you to mumble and
ramble on about some thing so simple.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/1/2016 6:15 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
[...]

And while Derby made a good go of explaining,
he (and Gordon) did a poor job of actually
describing the requested format that is wanted.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/2/2016 4:25 AM, Fuzzy Brush wrote:

I'm not a lawyer but I'd argue that Stormy has the right to use deadly
force to stop scofflaw topic-shifters.

How about posters with multiple layers of
excess quoted text?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/1/2016 8:04 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 17:19:44 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've learned over the years to change the subject
line as the subject changes. This is common courtesy
and old world manners. Why can't Gordon understand
it perfectly?

Another thing you learned over the years was top posting.
I hope you can un-learn this bad habit quicker than it took you to un-learned top posting.

You have my deepest sympathies, if a on the
front of a subject line upsets you so badly. Why
don't you do some thing useful like gardening?
Maybe you can find a psychiatrist who specializes
in OCD?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 2 Jun 2016 07:39:39 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 6/1/2016 8:04 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 17:19:44 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've learned over the years to change the subject
line as the subject changes. This is common courtesy
and old world manners. Why can't Gordon understand
it perfectly?

Another thing you learned over the years was top posting.
I hope you can un-learn this bad habit quicker than it took you to un-learned top posting.

You have my deepest sympathies, if a on the
front of a subject line upsets you so badly. Why
don't you do some thing useful like gardening?
Maybe you can find a psychiatrist who specializes
in OCD?

Why would I need a physicist that specializes in COD? I prefer catfish.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/2/2016 2:41 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Thu, 2 Jun 2016 07:39:39 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 6/1/2016 8:04 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 17:19:44 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've learned over the years to change the subject
line as the subject changes. This is common courtesy
and old world manners. Why can't Gordon understand
it perfectly?

Another thing you learned over the years was top posting.
I hope you can un-learn this bad habit quicker than it took you to un-learned top posting.

You have my deepest sympathies, if a on the
front of a subject line upsets you so badly. Why
don't you do some thing useful like gardening?
Maybe you can find a psychiatrist who specializes
in OCD?

Why would I need a physicist that specializes in COD? I prefer catfish.

And a Ermedial Neglish professor who specializes in
Lysdexia.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What is the thing on the bottom?

http://imgur.com/oeFtfKD

The thing on the top is a sparkplug gap gauge. The whole thing was in
my late friend's truck.

It looks like the tool you use to repair ball marks on the green.

Correct. The two nubs atop the same tool is for changing golf cleats
on the shoes.

Good to know. Now I have to buy shoes with cleats.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I took the text of your post to the golf pro at the local country
club, and he said you were exactly right. He spent 30 minutes
explaining to me all that you said, but I'm afraid I still don't
understand it, except that it has something to do with golf.

But he wanted to know if you would write a chapter for his book, _Golf
According to the Pros_ he plans to call it. Or if not, if you could
do 30 minutes of standup at the PGA annual dinner, which has been
moved from Florida to Mexico. Airfare and hotel included, of course.

I also don't know what some others are complaining about. You changed
the subject line after others said it was a golf tool. Given that it
IS a golf tool, that makes perfect sense to me. Where is there a
rule against changing subject lines? On the contrary, it's
recommended when the subject changes, and I think it's fine here too.

Now perhaps you've stopped complaining about non-existing center
posting and everything would be fine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 04 Jun 2016 20:54:10 -0400, Micky wrote:

Where is there a
rule against changing subject lines?

I'll answer that question after you answer all of mine that you are too afraid to answer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 04 Jun 2016 20:43:37 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Jun 2016 20:54:10 -0400, Micky wrote:

Where is there a
rule against changing subject lines?

I'll answer that question after you answer all of mine that you are too afraid to answer.

I know the answer. There is no such rule.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Sat, 04 Jun 2016 20:54:10 -0400, Micky wrote:

Where is there a
rule against changing subject lines?

I'll answer that question after you answer all of mine that you are too afraid to answer.

I know the answer. There is no such rule.

You know the answers to my questions too, but you're too afraid to admit it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/2016 8:54 PM, Micky wrote:
[...]

I suspect you are an optomist? Either that, or
perhaps a salesman? In any case, I do enjoy
reading your field report, of what the pro shop
guy said. Thanks, made good reading.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/5/2016 1:30 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Sun, 05 Jun 2016 00:03:51 -0400, Micky wrote:

Where is there a
rule against changing subject lines?

I'll answer that question after you answer all of mine that you are too afraid to answer.

I know the answer. There is no such rule.

You know the answers to my questions too, but you're too afraid to admit it.

Micky and I were just discussing that,
under the bed with leaky flash lights.
I was admiring his fuzzy slippers.

-