Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is this? (golf tool of some kind)

On 6/4/2016 8:54 PM, Micky wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 08:03:18 -0400, Stormin Mormon
I don't totally know what it is, but golf players
often carry them. My friend Bob Anderson was a big
golf player, but he died a couple years back. Maybe
some one at a golf pro shop can answer your question?

You might get a jargon answer. "Oh, when you bogie
on the back fairway, you need to divot your putt, so
you can play through, and you need one of these." I
guess if you are easy to please and gullible, that
answer will keep you wondering.

OTOH, might be another mechanic tool. Used to adjust
the whippet tappet on the crank shaft piston rod free
play cylinder valve assembly under the distributor
on internal combustion overhead valve engines with
flo jet carburetion fuel delivery systems. Know I'm
sayin, bro?

I took the text of your post to the golf pro at the local country
club, and he said you were exactly right. He spent 30 minutes
explaining to me all that you said, but I'm afraid I still don't
understand it, except that it has something to do with golf.

But he wanted to know if you would write a chapter for his book, _Golf
According to the Pros_ he plans to call it. Or if not, if you could
do 30 minutes of standup at the PGA annual dinner, which has been
moved from Florida to Mexico. Airfare and hotel included, of course.

I also don't know what some others are complaining about. You changed
the subject line after others said it was a golf tool. Given that it
IS a golf tool, that makes perfect sense to me. Where is there a
rule against changing subject lines? On the contrary, it's
recommended when the subject changes, and I think it's fine here too.

Now perhaps you've stopped complaining about non-existing center
posting and everything would be fine.

I suspect you are an optomist? Either that, or
perhaps a salesman? In any case, I do enjoy
reading your field report, of what the pro shop
guy said. Thanks, made good reading.

--
..
Christopher A. Young