Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Massive Air Bag recall (leave it to the government to make a website that wont load properly)

It was on the tv news, that this is the biggest auto recall in history.
Lots of defective air bags that can injure a person.

They said go to www.safercar.gov.
Since my old Chevy truck has an air bag, I thought I better take a look.
That website refused to let me select my vehicle. It just hangs and
keeps repeating the same page over and over.

Granted, I'm running an old browser on Win98, and am on a slow dialup
connection, but since this is a safety issue, why cant they make this
information EASILY avialable to EVERYONE? Apparently the site is so
loaded with scripts and other bloat that it wont work on anything other
than the newest computers.

Why cant they just put a frikkin text file on there, that anyone can
read?

After fighting with their website for over an hour, and trying every
browser I have installed, I gave up. I'm gonna just call my local Chevy
dealer, and I suppose I'll be put on hold for another hour....

Personally, if I know how, I'd remove my air bag. They seem more
dangerous than they are useful....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 05 May 2016 14:35:42 -0400
wrote:

Lots of defective air bags that can injure a person.

So this news group will be nearly empty,eh?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-05-05 12:35 PM, wrote:
[...]

Site work just fine, sorry the world won't cater to people who won't
update but bitch like hell that the world won't stand still just for them.

--
"It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it's
been through a blender first.

Berkely Breathed
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/5/2016 11:24 PM, Idlehands wrote:

Site work just fine, sorry the world won't cater to people who won't
update but bitch like hell that the world won't stand still just for them.

Why can't I get what I paid out of my 100
shares of Amalgamated Buggy Whip?

I mean, only a few generations ago, it was
a thriving and expanding company.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-05-05 12:35 PM, wrote:
[...]

Worked fine for me too. I was worried about my wife's 2008 Subaru and
all it mentioned was recall on suspension already done.

I had airbags deploy on my 1998 Subaru and while I also had seat belt on
I came through disoriented but unhurt. Both bags going off probably
accounted for insurance company saying it was totaled as their repair is
expensive. In newer models, passenger air bag will not deploy if there
is no passenger.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-05-05 12:35 PM, wrote:
[...]

Please note that this page states that the list of impacted vehicles has not
been updated to include vehicles impacted by the expanded recall:

http://www.safercar.gov/rs/takata/takatalist.html

I quote:

"NOTE: This list does not yet include vehicles in the May 4 announced Takata
recall expansion. It will be updated to reflect the expanded recall when this
information is available. Please sign up for NHTSA's Recall Alerts to be
notified when you can search for all vehicles affected by this recall using the
Recalls Lookup Tool."