Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clorox2, reall works.

1) Clorox2 really works.

I had a good sport shirt, cotton and polyester, that for some reason I
started wearing for a work shirt, a robe, and just about everything,
and it got filthy in front. In the old days, 40 years ago and
probably much less, I know it would not have come clean. This time I
soaked it and another similar shirt in Clorox 2 for about 5 hours.

Then I drained the water, and I tried to tell if the shirts were
clean, but when wet, it's probably impossible.

I washed them and other laundry in a detergent, which might have also
helped clean them, and today when I took them outside, there was no
difference from front to back!! Good as new.

BTW, I like my old machine where I have complete control of when it
fills, drains, spins, Maybe some fancy new machines do all of this
too, but I stayed in a rental house with what was probably a cheap
machine, and once started there was no way to choose what part of the
cycle you were in. I think all you could do is pause and resume. And
which I can open when it's got water in it.

2) Very dirty.

Why should the shirts above have been hard to clean? After all, the
later dirt is on top of the earlier dirt, right? Does the later dirt
protect the original layers of dirt from coming off the clothes? If
not, then when the lower level of dirt is removed by the soap or
detergent, the top layers should come off too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/27/2016 02:07 AM, Micky wrote:
1) Clorox2 really works.

I had a good sport shirt, cotton and polyester, that for some reason I
started wearing for a work shirt, a robe, and just about everything,
and it got filthy in front. In the old days, 40 years ago and
probably much less, I know it would not have come clean. This time I
soaked it and another similar shirt in Clorox 2 for about 5 hours.

snip

40 years ago , if you soaked anything cotton in bleach for 5 hours there
would not be anything left!

Posted to alt.home.repair

philo posted for all of us...

On 04/27/2016 02:07 AM, Micky wrote:
1) Clorox2 really works.

I had a good sport shirt, cotton and polyester, that for some reason I
started wearing for a work shirt, a robe, and just about everything,
and it got filthy in front. In the old days, 40 years ago and
probably much less, I know it would not have come clean. This time I
soaked it and another similar shirt in Clorox 2 for about 5 hours.

snip

40 years ago , if you soaked anything cotton in bleach for 5 hours there
would not be anything left!

So if you had skid marks in your undies they better be gone before 5 hours
or one was losing them one way or another.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 21:43:40 -0500, philo wrote:

On 04/27/2016 02:07 AM, Micky wrote:
1) Clorox2 really works.

I had a good sport shirt, cotton and polyester, that for some reason I
started wearing for a work shirt, a robe, and just about everything,
and it got filthy in front. In the old days, 40 years ago and
probably much less, I know it would not have come clean. This time I
soaked it and another similar shirt in Clorox 2 for about 5 hours.

snip

40 years ago , if you soaked anything cotton in bleach for 5 hours there
would not be anything left!

You're right!! That's why I read the label first and it said
something about 8 hours.