Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Top spinner missing on new GE dishwasher?

We moved in a few months ago to this new building. Almost nothing in the apartment works! I'm wondering if the GE dishwasher is missing the top spinner arm. Does anyone know if there are dishwashers without a top spinner arm?

Any help with this will be very much appreciated.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 12:35:12 -0700 (PDT), Jonathan Rand
wrote:

We moved in a few months ago to this new building. Almost
nothing in the apartment works! I'm wondering if the GE dishw
asher is missing the top spinner arm. Does anyone know if the
re are dishwashers without a top spinner arm?

Any help with this will be very much appreciated.

Google for a manual. Just type in the make and model# and the word
"manual". Almost all appliance manuals are online.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

We moved in a few months ago to this new building. Almost
nothing in the apartment works! I'm wondering if the GE dishw
asher is missing the top spinner arm. Does anyone know if the
re are dishwashers without a top spinner arm?

Any help with this will be very much appreciated.

Google for a manual. Just type in the make and model# and the word
"manual". Almost all appliance manuals are online.

+1

Or go to one of the online parts stores where you can enter the model
and see parts diagrams that will show how it's put together.

I can't imagine how it would clean effectively without a top spray.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

We moved in a few months ago to this new building. Almost
nothing in the apartment works! I'm wondering if the GE dishw
asher is missing the top spinner arm. Does anyone know if the
re are dishwashers without a top spinner arm?

Any help with this will be very much appreciated.

Google for a manual. Just type in the make and model# and the word
"manual". Almost all appliance manuals are online.

+1

Or go to one of the online parts stores where you can enter the model
and see parts diagrams that will show how it's put together.

I can't imagine how it would clean effectively without a top spray.

To have a "top spray" doesn't mean it has to have a "top spinner arm", which is
what Jonathan asked about.

As I noted in my response, my Whirlpool doesn't have an "arm" at the top, just an
"S" shaped spinner as shown in the link I posted.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I gave him credit for having enough sense to figure that an
S shaped spinner is actually a short spinner arm.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Let's see what he says.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 3:35:18 PM UTC-4, Jonathan Rand wrote:
We moved in a few months ago to this new building. Almost nothing in the apartment works! I'm wondering if the GE dishwasher is missing the top spinner arm. Does anyone know if there are dishwashers without a top spinner arm?

Any help with this will be very much appreciated.

My Whirlpool has an upper spinner, but it's not an "arm" like the bottom or center wash assembly.

It looks like this:

http://www.applianceparts.com/PartDe...=a9b5i339&mr=0
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/25/2016 3:35 PM, Jonathan Rand wrote:
We moved in a few months ago to this new building.

Almost nothing in the apartment works! I'm wondering
if the GE dishwasher is missing the top spinner arm.
Does anyone know if there are dishwashers without a
top spinner arm?

Any help with this will be very much appreciated.

Please do a web search for Sears Parts. Enter your
model number, and search. The exploded diagram may
reveal the answer to your question. Best wishes.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Nail Spinner Mike Dobony[_5_] Home Repair 72 April 5th 18 10:44 PM
Rivet Spinner Pilgrim Metalworking 4 September 27th 13 10:26 PM
Nut spinner sets. Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 7 May 3rd 12 06:41 PM
Rain missing gutter due to rotten/missing felt [email protected] UK diy 6 December 16th 08 05:26 PM
Non spinning CD spinner n cook Electronics Repair 5 April 9th 06 03:26 PM