Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Modular jack-of-all-trades garage door opener

"What do you expect from a garage door opener, other than performing
the one job for which it's bought? Ryobi's new modular Ultra Quiet
Garage Door Opener can perform various other tasks..."

Story & pic:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/04/07/ryobi-introduces-modular-jack-all-trades-garage-door-opener/?intcmp=hphz15

https://tinyurl.com/z94tdxk
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/7/2016 2:21 PM, Oren wrote:
"What do you expect from a garage door opener, other than performing
the one job for which it's bought? Ryobi's new modular Ultra Quiet
Garage Door Opener can perform various other tasks..."

Story & pic:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/04/07/ryobi-introduces-modular-jack-all-trades-garage-door-opener/?intcmp=hphz15

https://tinyurl.com/z94tdxk

I would be uncertain of the reliability un a daily basis. Ryobi, though
a decent brand, is not a major contender, IMO, with the likes of Dewalt,
Bosch, Festool and others used daily by contractors.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

"What do you expect from a garage door opener, other than performing
the one job for which it's bought? Ryobi's new modular Ultra Quiet
Garage Door Opener can perform various other tasks..."

Story & pic:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/04/07/ryobi-introduces-modular-jack-all-trades-garage-door-opener/?intcmp=hphz15

https://tinyurl.com/z94tdxk

What? No mind control to open the car door and activate the ejection seat?
No sensors to open the garage door instead of just backing through it? The
retractable cord is a nice feature but I wonder if an ev could be charged
though it (probably not heavy enough capacity wise).

I have to build me a garage so I can get me some...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 2:21:36 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
"What do you expect from a garage door opener, other than performing
the one job for which it's bought? Ryobi's new modular Ultra Quiet
Garage Door Opener can perform various other tasks..."

Story & pic:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/04/07/ryobi-introduces-modular-jack-all-trades-garage-door-opener/?intcmp=hphz15

https://tinyurl.com/z94tdxk

Did you see the price of the accessories?

The basic unit is $248. As pictured it's like $464.