Posted to alt.home.repair

Default B&D SPCM1936 mower

I bought the machine new two years ago. Overall I'd say it performs fair with the exception of bagging. Here in South Texas the Live Oaks produce prodigious amounts of tiny leaves. Leaves that for some reason this mower has a difficult time lifting away from the lawn.

Searching online for replacement blades suggests they may be proprietary. That guess based on not finding cross reference lists.

A former Craftsman riding mower did exceptionally well with Gator blades. Would like to find something like that again.

If worse comes to worse any recommendations on a gas powered self propelled mower that does really well sucking up clippings and leaves?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On 3/23/2016 4:54 PM, Chiefjim wrote:
I bought the machine new two years ago. Overall I'd say it performs fair with the exception of bagging. Here in South Texas the Live Oaks produce prodigious amounts of tiny leaves. Leaves that for some reason this mower has a difficult time lifting away from the lawn.

Searching online for replacement blades suggests they may be proprietary. That guess based on not finding cross reference lists.

A former Craftsman riding mower did exceptionally well with Gator blades. Would like to find something like that again.

If worse comes to worse any recommendations on a gas powered self propelled mower that does really well sucking up clippings and leaves?

When it comes to mower riding, Miss Recktum takes the cake!
The old whore has strapped a Turkish saddle atop hers, and she rides
like the wind thru her pansy garden.
The horn (of the saddle) goes right up her well-versed caboose. She's
one wild rider.

YAY!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 16:54:33 -0700 (PDT), Chiefjim
wrote:

I bought the machine new two years ago. Overall I'd say it performs fair with the exception of bagging. Here in South Texas the Live Oaks produce prodigious amounts of tiny leaves. Leaves that for some reason this mower has a difficult time lifting away from the lawn.

Searching online for replacement blades suggests they may be proprietary. That guess based on not finding cross reference lists.

A former Craftsman riding mower did exceptionally well with Gator blades. Would like to find something like that again.

If worse comes to worse any recommendations on a gas powered self propelled mower that does really well sucking up clippings and leaves?

See if you can get a mulching blade. Also make sure you didn't
install the blade upside down after you sharpened it.

ZTR mower Steve B[_13_] Home Repair 3 August 2nd 12 11:09 AM
Mower dealer said do not wash mower rogerfisher Home Repair 37 June 30th 07 09:54 PM
Scag mower vs Kubota mower. Thoughts? rogerfisher Home Repair 6 June 17th 07 01:54 PM
Buy new mower [email protected] Home Repair 6 July 9th 06 03:11 AM
help me help my mower!! [email protected] Home Repair 10 June 15th 06 12:52 PM