Posted to alt.home.repair

Default trucks with strong roofs

I saw the photo from Oregon of the man with the flag standing on the
cab of his truck, and I want a truck that will hold me up without
denting the roof.

What rating, what value should I be loooking for? If I want to put
two people on the roof, is there a special rating for that?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 00:43:51 -0500, Micky
wrote:

I saw the photo from Oregon of the man with the flag standing on the
cab of his truck, and I want a truck that will hold me up without
denting the roof.

What rating, what value should I be loooking for? If I want to put
two people on the roof, is there a special rating for that?

https://www.antiquesnavigator.com/eb...1685537686.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Micky:

What rating, what value should I be loooking for? If I want to put
two people on the roof, is there a special rating for that?

Dunno from ratings, but I look for number of posts.

That means a full crew cab with four conventional (not suicide)
doors...i.e. six posts.

After that, it's roll bars....
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 8:32:27 AM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Micky:

What rating, what value should I be loooking for? If I want to put
two people on the roof, is there a special rating for that?

Dunno from ratings, but I look for number of posts.

That means a full crew cab with four conventional (not suicide)
doors...i.e. six posts.

After that, it's roll bars....
--
Pete Cresswell

I don't think the posts or roll bars would prevent the skin of the roof from denting under
the concentrated weight of someone standing on the roof. They may prevent the cab
from collapsing and crushing the occupants in a rollover, but I don't that will help in Micky's
situation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per DerbyDad03:
I don't think the posts or roll bars would prevent the skin of the roof from denting under
the concentrated weight of someone standing on the roof. They may prevent the cab
from collapsing and crushing the occupants in a rollover,

Mea Culpa: I had jumped to the conclusion that rollover survival was his
ultimate goal.

Now that you have said it, I guess there are reasons one would want to
stand on the roof - like sporting events or climbing on to a trailer or
something.
--
Pete Cresswell

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 12:31:01 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per DerbyDad03:
I don't think the posts or roll bars would prevent the skin of the roof from denting under
the concentrated weight of someone standing on the roof. They may prevent the cab
from collapsing and crushing the occupants in a rollover,

Mea Culpa: I had jumped to the conclusion that rollover survival was his
ultimate goal.

Now that you have said it, I guess there are reasons one would want to
stand on the roof - like sporting events or climbing on to a trailer or
something.

I want to support my bro's at the Oregon occupation. I would have
been there earlier but it's a long drive from Baltimore to Oregon.

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2016/...-master675.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/C1A...70670014c3.jpg

And I still have to buy a truck.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Micky:
I want to support my bro's at the Oregon occupation. I would have
been there earlier but it's a long drive from Baltimore to Oregon.

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2016/...-master675.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/C1A...70670014c3.jpg

Smalltime stuff.

For the Real Deal you have to go over to Train Surfing:
http://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/2526...n-surfing.html

Of course, it occasionally goes wrong:
http://totalmanipulation.com/male-mo...youre-on-fire/
--