Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Weather

It's about time the media cracked down on these weather
forecasters and some of their terrible predictions. Stop these
floods, severe storms, tornados, etc. From now on only pleasent
predictions and their resulting nice weather. No more
destructive storms. Perhaps have requests by local residents
collected so as to calculate average temperatures, etc. Stop
allowing the forecasters to cause weather we don't want. They
can be quickly replaced, preferably with attractive young ladies
in miniskirts.

Next, crack down on economic and foreign affairs reporters' bad
news.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"KenK" wrote in message
It's about time the media cracked down on these weather
forecasters and some of their terrible predictions. Stop these
floods, severe storms, tornados, etc. From now on only pleasent
predictions and their resulting nice weather. No more
destructive storms. Perhaps have requests by local residents
collected so as to calculate average temperatures, etc. Stop
allowing the forecasters to cause weather we don't want. They
can be quickly replaced, preferably with attractive young ladies
in miniskirts.

You need to watch the hot weather chicks on Spanish language TV. And you
won't understand what they are saying, so you can treat it as good news,
from a good source.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 11:46:41 AM UTC-5, taxed and spent wrote:
"KenK" wrote in message
It's about time the media cracked down on these weather
forecasters and some of their terrible predictions. Stop these
floods, severe storms, tornados, etc. From now on only pleasent
predictions and their resulting nice weather. No more
destructive storms. Perhaps have requests by local residents
collected so as to calculate average temperatures, etc. Stop
allowing the forecasters to cause weather we don't want. They
can be quickly replaced, preferably with attractive young ladies
in miniskirts.

You need to watch the hot weather chicks on Spanish language TV. And you
won't understand what they are saying, so you can treat it as good news,
from a good source.

...from a good *looking* source.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"KenK" wrote in message
It's about time the media cracked down on these weather
forecasters and some of their terrible predictions. Stop these
floods, severe storms, tornados, etc. From now on only pleasent
predictions and their resulting nice weather. No more
destructive storms. Perhaps have requests by local residents
collected so as to calculate average temperatures, etc. Stop
allowing the forecasters to cause weather we don't want. They
can be quickly replaced, preferably with attractive young ladies
in miniskirts.

You need to watch the hot weather chicks on Spanish language TV. And you
won't understand what they are saying, so you can treat it as good news,
from a good source.

..from a good *looking* source.

Worse still, looked outside at the thermometer and I see it's running
low on mercury...almost empty and will have to go refill it

Too bad it happened during all this cold weather, don't really want to
leave the house.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
"KenK" wrote in message
[...]

Do what I do and siphon off some in summer for such emergencies. I notice
mine rus low almost every winter!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"KenK" wrote in message
[...]

I bought a thermometer that was rated for outdoor use. No matter where I
put it in my house, it never tells me the outside temperature. I may have
to return it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"KenK" wrote in message ...

It's about time the media cracked down on these weather
forecasters and some of their terrible predictions. Stop these
floods, severe storms, tornados, etc. From now on only pleasent
predictions and their resulting nice weather. No more
destructive storms. Perhaps have requests by local residents
collected so as to calculate average temperatures, etc. Stop
allowing the forecasters to cause weather we don't want. They
can be quickly replaced, preferably with attractive young ladies
in miniskirts.

Next, crack down on economic and foreign affairs reporters' bad
news.

THE BEST JOB IN WORLD IS BEING WEATHER
FORECASTER "ALWAYS" 50% RIGHT

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 12:08:53 -0600, philo wrote:

Worse still, looked outside at the thermometer and I see it's running
low on mercury...almost empty and will have to go refill it

....stick a lit match under the reservoir for a moment. The mercury
will rise but don't let it go to far or it will pop the top off the
glass.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/13/2016 12:52 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 12:08:53 -0600, philo wrote:

Worse still, looked outside at the thermometer and I see it's running
low on mercury...almost empty and will have to go refill it

...stick a lit match under the reservoir for a moment. The mercury
will rise but don't let it go to far or it will pop the top off the
glass.

Did that once when I was a kid just to see what would happen

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/13/16 11:46 AM, taxed and spent wrote:
"KenK" wrote in message
It's about time the media cracked down on these weather
forecasters and some of their terrible predictions. Stop these
floods, severe storms, tornados, etc. From now on only pleasent
predictions and their resulting nice weather. No more
destructive storms. Perhaps have requests by local residents
collected so as to calculate average temperatures, etc. Stop
allowing the forecasters to cause weather we don't want. They
can be quickly replaced, preferably with attractive young ladies
in miniskirts.

You need to watch the hot weather chicks on Spanish language TV. And you
won't understand what they are saying, so you can treat it as good news,
from a good source.

We had a weather babe on local TV who,when she stood sideways in front
of the big US map with her back along the east coast, her chest reached
clear to the Mississippi River...

--
When government becomes the parent, the people become the child.
- @larryelder
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 10:36:35 AM UTC-6, KenK wrote:
It's about time the media cracked down on these weather
forecasters and some of their terrible predictions. Stop these
floods, severe storms, tornados, etc. From now on only pleasent
predictions and their resulting nice weather. No more
destructive storms. Perhaps have requests by local residents
collected so as to calculate average temperatures, etc. Stop
allowing the forecasters to cause weather we don't want. They
can be quickly replaced, preferably with attractive young ladies
in miniskirts.

Next, crack down on economic and foreign affairs reporters' bad
news.

A professor in college said that forecasters are only right 50 % of the
time.

I do not think that that number has gone up. :-)

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/13/2016 04:24 PM, Andy wrote:

It's about time the media cracked down on these weather
forecasters and some of their terrible predictions. Stop these
floods, severe storms, tornados, etc. From now on only pleasent
predictions and their resulting nice weather. No more
destructive storms. Perhaps have requests by local residents
collected so as to calculate average temperatures, etc. Stop
allowing the forecasters to cause weather we don't want. They
can be quickly replaced, preferably with attractive young ladies
in miniskirts.

Next, crack down on economic and foreign affairs reporters' bad
news.

A professor in college said that forecasters are only right 50 % of the
time.

I do not think that that number has gone up. :-)

Little children who tell lies grow up to be weather forecasters -- or
advertising copy-writers, or politicians.

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 16:24:14 -0500, Wade Garrett
wrote:

We had a weather babe on local TV who,when she stood sideways in front
of the big US map with her back along the east coast, her chest reached
clear to the Mississippi River...

A local traffic reporter is similar. If she turns just the right way
her rear Badonkadonk takes more space. Two ax handles wide.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 13:24:18 -0800 (PST), Andy
wrote:

A professor in college said that forecasters are only right 50 % of the
time.

I do not think that that number has gone up. :-)

That's why they call it forecasting. Like fishing instead of catching.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

A professor in college said that forecasters are only right 50 % of the
time.

I do not think that that number has gone up. :-)

That's why they call it forecasting. Like fishing instead of catching.

....doctors and dentists have a "practice"...it gives great confidence in our outcome.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"KenK" wrote in message

We had a weather babe on local TV who,when she stood sideways in front
of the big US map with her back along the east coast, her chest reached
clear to the Mississippi River...

You complained to the station of course

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

spent wrote:
"KenK" wrote in message
[...]

Chinese-made, I'll bet. And, unfotunately, no way to test one in the
store.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 11:54:08 AM UTC-5, KenK wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

spent wrote:
"KenK" wrote in message
[...]

Obviously you totally missed the joke. Never mind.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 10:46:41 AM UTC-6, taxed and spent wrote:
"KenK" wrote in message
It's about time the media cracked down on these weather
forecasters and some of their terrible predictions. Stop these
floods, severe storms, tornados, etc. From now on only pleasent
predictions and their resulting nice weather. No more
destructive storms. Perhaps have requests by local residents
collected so as to calculate average temperatures, etc. Stop
allowing the forecasters to cause weather we don't want. They
can be quickly replaced, preferably with attractive young ladies
in miniskirts.

You need to watch the hot weather chicks on Spanish language TV. And you
won't understand what they are saying, so you can treat it as good news,
from a good source.

Have you ever watched The Naked News? It's a bunch of cute girls presenting the news as they strip and windup completely naked. I only watch to get the news, I don't really look at the girls. *snicker* ^_^

http://www.nakednews.com/

[8~{} Uncle Clothed Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

"KenK" wrote in message
[...]

Cousin I-Only-Buy-It-For-The-Articles Monster

'nuff said.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"KenK" wrote in message
[...]

Is it solar powered? It could that it only works outdoors. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Sunny Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 12:52:37 PM UTC-6, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 12:08:53 -0600, philo wrote:

Worse still, looked outside at the thermometer and I see it's running
low on mercury...almost empty and will have to go refill it

...stick a lit match under the reservoir for a moment. The mercury
will rise but don't let it go to far or it will pop the top off the
glass.

I once had a 18" long mercury lab thermometer I kept in its heavy cardboard storage tube. It was in my desk drawer in the office at the shop when one day, I pulled it from the tube to discover that the bulb was gone and there was soot on the bottom of the tube where the bulb had been. I know my brother didn't do it because we were in the same chemistry and physics classes back in school. Neither of us smoke so that left one of the guys who was a drunk pothead but I couldn't prove it was him. It was a 1950's vintage lab thermometer. Dammit I'd had that thermometer since high school and it would be very expensive to replace today. _

[8~{} Uncle Upset Monster

Weather Jim Thompson[_3_] Electronic Schematics 14 February 3rd 15 06:11 PM
Weather... Mike Tomlinson UK diy 79 March 25th 13 02:51 PM
Always take your weather with you... polygonum UK diy 4 November 30th 12 05:35 PM
Download Weather Toolbar - Instant weather reports, forecasts, and make me friend Electronics Repair 0 February 17th 08 11:44 AM
Icy weather. Weatherlawyer UK diy 8 December 30th 05 03:20 PM