Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Humidifier floor model -- hot or cold?

I've got a humidifier that sits on the floor. It takes
about two gal of water per day to keep my trailer
comfortable.

Is there any advantage to feeding it with hot water?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2016 12:08 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've got a humidifier that sits on the floor. It takes
about two gal of water per day to keep my trailer
comfortable.

Is there any advantage to feeding it with hot water?

You know the answer to that.

If not, look at this yourself and do the math:

http://www.kentchemistry.com/links/E...porization.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2016 12:13 PM, Frank wrote:
On 1/7/2016 12:08 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've got a humidifier that sits on the floor. It takes
about two gal of water per day to keep my trailer
comfortable.

Is there any advantage to feeding it with hot water?

You know the answer to that.

If not, look at this yourself and do the math:

http://www.kentchemistry.com/links/E...porization.htm

I do? What answer do I know?

I did glance at the web page. So, what's the
answer that I already know?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2016 12:08 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've got a humidifier that sits on the floor. It takes
about two gal of water per day to keep my trailer
comfortable.

Is there any advantage to feeding it with hot water?

24 hours later. One reply, which didn't
even offer a position. I'll admit to
being disappointed.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 11:50:48 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:

24 hours later. One reply, which didn't
even offer a position. I'll admit to
being disappointed.

Then you should admit to asking stupid questions... à²*︵à²*凸

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote in news:SFSjy.122831$zT1.4946
@fx26.iad:

On 1/7/2016 12:08 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've got a humidifier that sits on the floor. It takes
about two gal of water per day to keep my trailer
comfortable.

Is there any advantage to feeding it with hot water?

24 hours later. One reply, which didn't
even offer a position. I'll admit to
being disappointed.

That is rather suprising; given that most of the people here are over 60,
crippled or in poor health, trailer trash.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 12:50:48 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/7/2016 12:08 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've got a humidifier that sits on the floor. It takes
about two gal of water per day to keep my trailer
comfortable.

Is there any advantage to feeding it with hot water?

24 hours later. One reply, which didn't
even offer a position. I'll admit to
being disappointed.

How water will evaporate at a faster rate. But the water isn't
going to stay hot for very long. Not only will it cool just like
a bucket of hot water, but because water is constantly being
evaporated, it will cool fast, like a swamp cooler works. And
unless the humidifier is undersized and can't supply enough
moisture using cold water, what would the point be anyway?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/9/2016 6:58 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 12:50:48 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've got a humidifier that sits on the floor. It takes
about two gal of water per day to keep my trailer
comfortable.

Is there any advantage to feeding it with hot water?

How water will evaporate at a faster rate. But the water isn't
going to stay hot for very long. Not only will it cool just like
a bucket of hot water, but because water is constantly being
evaporated, it will cool fast, like a swamp cooler works. And
unless the humidifier is undersized and can't supply enough
moisture using cold water, what would the point be anyway?

The BTU or calories have to come from some where. Either
the water heater, or the furnace. The advantage of using
hot water is that for a few minutes, it evaporates easier.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 8:12:44 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/9/2016 6:58 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 12:50:48 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've got a humidifier that sits on the floor. It takes
about two gal of water per day to keep my trailer
comfortable.

Is there any advantage to feeding it with hot water?

How water will evaporate at a faster rate. But the water isn't
going to stay hot for very long. Not only will it cool just like
a bucket of hot water, but because water is constantly being
evaporated, it will cool fast, like a swamp cooler works. And
unless the humidifier is undersized and can't supply enough
moisture using cold water, what would the point be anyway?

The BTU or calories have to come from some where. Either
the water heater, or the furnace. The advantage of using
hot water is that for a few minutes, it evaporates easier.

If you knew that, then why did you post the question to begin with?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/10/2016 09:05 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Maybe he temporarily forgot he knew? Did you ever forget where you put your car keys?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 9:12:19 AM UTC-5, Hecho en China wrote:
[...]

Yes, but I never forgot how a key works.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/10/2016 9:26 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

I notice so far no one has answered my question.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/10/2016 9:05 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Every now and again, there is some thing I don't know.
Which someone else on this list knows. This might be
one such time. That's why.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

Storming is just remembering the good old days..

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!searchin/alt.home.repair/Humidifuer$20hot$20water/alt.home.repair/DgSzdLYvxS4

That's just one, there are a few more..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 3:07:41 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Been drinking today? I answered it and the answer was the
same damn thing you just posted.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/10/2016 5:36 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Well, post the damn thing again, maybe this time
be a bit more direct and clearn.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 6:50:22 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Newsreader broken? Google broken? WTF is "clearn"?

Humidifier - Hot vs Cold Water Experiment [email protected] Home Repair 33 July 23rd 19 11:26 AM
cold floor JP Home Repair 7 February 29th 08 09:51 PM
Amana refg Model SSD22NBW - N/A cold water dispensor problem jJim McLaughlin Home Repair 12 September 3rd 07 01:22 AM
Aprilaire humidifier (Model 550) EvenStephen Home Repair 3 March 10th 07 08:57 PM
First floor radiators are cold [email protected] UK diy 6 November 7th 05 06:55 PM